• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I have a Bull pump. The pump pumps until gets to but 80 bar and then it becomes incredibly hard on the upstroke, It pretty much seizes.

When I let the air out, I can start over until it once again seizes at about 80 bar.

I did service the pump with an original service kit. It stopped pumping normally, and I discovered that the most inner o-ring had come off its brass shoe and was damaged. So, I replaced this most inner o-ring.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be going on here?

Given their simple construction, its quite safe to say that the only things that can fail are the O rings. May be one of them started failing to seal at 80 bars so the compressed air does not go to the outlet but stays in one of the cylinders causing an air lock ? I will pull it apart again and examine all the O rings. If nothing can be found, just replace all of them. Check all the O ring seats, remove any burrs with fine file, relube thoroughly. It should work again. Dont forget to check the check valve which is close to the outlet, there is an Oring there too

I did actually change the o-ring and the hard plastic bits. The pump started having problems, so I took it apart again, the shoe on the inner part had come loose, so I changed the o-ring and applied some medium strength loctite to the thread.

But now there is this problem. I will place an order for this new updated piston and also for an Altaros Booster ;).