• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pulled an old Beeman C-1 carbine out of the mothballs...

1559508347_21217813505cf4357b3a8623.27065626_005C6A32-2E4A-4770-BDD9-21C3DB2B0F29.jpeg
I bought this one (a .22) abt 35 yrs ago and mounted the tiny SS-1 scope. Excuse the home-brewed rope-burn camo, but the original beech was nothing special, and I was young and impulsive.

It still shoots 11.7 fpme, and cuts the centers out of the bull w/ FTTs (600 fps). It’ll clock Hobbies @ 660.

Benched groups @ 28 yds will stay under an inch.

That lil’ gun bagged alot of small game, over the years.

Anyhow, that’s my “blast from the past” for the day..

I remember looking thru those Beeman catalogs 30+ years ago in my early teens and dreaming of the day I would get one. Finally when I was 18 and had my first real job I bought a RWS 48 from Gander Mountain. Probably put 30,000 pellets thru it. I still have it and am still hooked on airguns. Thanks for showing us that pretty old Beeman. Brings back memories. 

Yeah, I like that stock, too. How'd you do that? With a torch?

Back then, I literally soaked a thin rope in kerosene, wrapped and lit.

I’ve done a couple since, where I wrapped the stock with twine, traced along the pattern with a marker, and used a propane torch. Then sanded/stained. This is on a .410 bolt-gun, of little value.

Thanks! I might try that sometime.

Yeah, I'm a little warped...

When I decided back in 1985 to get back into airguns I purchased the C1 in .177cal. I topped it off with the same scope you did. I was never able to shot mine very accurately. Probably because I didn't realize the proper hold technique required when shooting a springer. It was powerful when compared to the Crosman Powermaster 760 I had some 18 years before. I was intrigued about the idea of a single cocking action producing more power than pumping the Crosman ten times. I like your stock mod !

When I decided back in 1985 to get back into airguns I purchased the C1 in .177cal. I topped it off with the same scope you did. I was never able to shot mine very accurately. Probably because I didn't realize the proper hold technique required when shooting a springer. It was powerful when compared to the Crosman Powermaster 760 I had some 18 years before. I was intrigued about the idea of a single cocking action producing more power than pumping the Crosman ten times. I like your stock mod !

We still have a Crosman 760. We use it sometimes to chase the big horn sheep off our property. With three or four pumps, you can see that BB arc through the air. It doesn't hurt them, but it does get them moving... LOL

I think the sound scares them off more than anything.

.. i heard that dr beeman had webley design that gun as a quick target acquirement rabbit gun. that was back during the ten years or so that webley could sell and market their airguns here, as per contract with dr beeman (they said he was a very savvy business man and a nice dresser). i have had a few in .177 but never knew they made .22 c1 carbines..... i never could figure out why they are so popular. i tried to like it, but the stock felt strange and the trigger was not like a longbow trigger , or even a stingray / vulcan III trigger. the 2-3 i have had sold very quickly, tho. - paul.