Public opinion request...

To gloss or not to gloss... that is the question! 
This is regarding the stock in the FRONT in all the pictures.
I've got 2 of these gorgeous stocks. The one in the front has been finished to a satin finish. The one in back was finished to a high gloss. 
I'm at a point where I need to decide whether to finish the one in front to a high gloss or leave it as is before putting it up in the classifieds. (This is not a for sale ad and it is not for sale right now). 

Personally, I like the look of a nice satin finish. It hides any fingerprints much better and still brings out the beauty in the wood. But, the downside is that it doesn't have the WOW factor of the high gloss. 
So... what do you guys think? What would peak your interest more? As is, or high gloss? 
Thanks for the help! Tom
da4a2e9d82fb0a3af31750ddc4a1d770.jpg

1ccaf132395209bfaa0de6748363fb7f.jpg

9e2f0348a6470926a059dbafaf0fd0fe.jpg

f322bf9516f5c757b58e1a6ce7a54f8e.jpg

719f1b684ddbc0b2bd94a93857c43fc4.jpg

"Dirte"As is. A side note....... What are you using as your bipod mount?
An Atlas rail is on both of them. I did not use T-nuts. I drilled and tapped the holes 1/2 the depth. It holds fine, and if it ever does show signs of weakness, I can re-drill and install T-nuts. I also put a piece of electrical tape over the top of the holes to prevent any dirt from getting in. 

Thanks for the opinions! Keep 'em coming! :) 

well u know ur stuff tom i think the hi gloss is something to hang on a wall looks great,,while the other satin finish is beautiful looking stock ,,that would be my shooter ,if its going on the block,,the new owner most definately will want a shooter ,,and thats a nice looking one ,,u no whats best ur like the rest of us once in a while ur looking for some others opinion ,im glad u asked cause there fine pieces of wood pat

Wow, excellent job on both.

Even though a gloss finish on a gun stock is beautiful, for me if it doesn't look like the factory finish then the red flag goes up. Especially an extreme high gloss.
I instantly wonder if the re-finisher knew what they were doing, has the wood possibly been over sanded, or has the finish clogged the checkering.

So from this buyers standpoint, the factory satin look is usually always more appealing.
Steven

"Wadcutter"Wow, excellent job on both.

Even though a gloss finish on a gun stock is beautiful, for me if it doesn't look like the factory finish then the red flag goes up. Especially an extreme high gloss.
I instantly wonder if the re-finisher knew what they were doing, has the wood possibly been over sanded, or has the finish clogged the checkering.

So from this buyers standpoint, the factory satin look is usually always more appealing.
Steven
It may not show in the pictures but, I can assure you that I paid special attention towards not clogging the checkering. I did some extra research for ways to avoid that very thing. 
I really appreciate how you said "the factory satin"! If it looks like it might be a factory finish then I know I did a good job. :) These stocks come as bare walnut from the factory. I applied the same finish to both of them. I just tried my hand at two different shines. Here's a pic from when I started, the high gloss one is the one in front. 

6f0bded832ce516fbc65b9ce912f3357.jpg

"Tominco"
"Dirte"As is. A side note....... What are you using as your bipod mount?
An Atlas rail is on both of them. I did not use T-nuts. I drilled and tapped the holes 1/2 the depth. It holds fine, and if it ever does show signs of weakness, I can re-drill and install T-nuts. I also put a piece of electrical tape over the top of the holes to prevent any dirt from getting in. 

Thanks for the opinions! Keep 'em coming! :)

Well, you ask.

Everyone likes to see a beautiful piece of mahogany, oak, whatever, sitting in one's gun cabinet. But when Jim Chapman (et. al., me included) go out to the field to hunt, they sure as heck don't take that fancy, shinning chunk of wood! Rather, they show up with a hunting rifle! And usually one with a few mars and scratches. Puts new meaning in the adage.... "Nice to look at, nice to hold, mess it up and it will be sold!"