• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pro's of tube over bottel and shot count?

I honestly prefer the feel and look of a tube rifle even at half the shot count. 

Yes it's a absolute fact that bottle rifles have a better shot count at the expense of being heaver at times

For those that rather have a more conventional looking rifle over the utilitarian function of a bottle rifle and it's shot count being higher, what makes you happy about the conventional looking tube rifle and how you made peace with the lower shot count?

Those with the devil's advocate opinions welcome :)

Thank you!

CROWN DREAMLINE.1634668055.jpg

The bigger the caliber, the more prone I am to use a bottle gun. My smaller caliber stuff does just fine in tube form. Even my wildcat in .25 tuned by Augie gets almost 40 shots at 75fpe. That’s pretty good in my book for a tube. My .30 prophet on the other hand is an air hog even at 80fpe. It all depends what you’re shooting, what caliber, and how much power you’re set up for. 

Tube for me, nothing wrong with a bottle, but the weight distribution is a bit off. Tube PCPs tend to have a rail mounted forward of where the bottle would normally position as well so you get a better balance (for me) on a bipod. Consider the Brocock Concept or Daystate Renegate/Pulsar to the Commander or Redwolf.

I've found the shot count to be a bit hit or miss with comparsion -- example 300cc Pulsar versus 480cc Commander.

At the end of the day I'm thankful for the variety though. To each their own :)

My first two PCP were a Kratos (bottle) and Marauder SAM (Tube)

Despite specs which places them at about the same weight, my Kratos weighs slightly less than advertised, and the e Tube rifle is more than a pound heavier!, and much more front heavy. I honestly don't like to shoot it hand held at all it's so awkward. So oddly for me this entire discussion is counterintuitive,. I live in the Bizzaro world apparently :)

I am about to swap the aluminum bottle on the Kratos for CF, and lose even more weight :)

Just recently got in on the bottle craze, sort of through the diy backdoor via drop block/bottle conversions of Crosman co2 and 1720 type guns.

Learned some do's and don'ts, but the shot count is definitely the motivation for these bottle builds.

I've been shooting spring guns for years and got used to just needing pellets.

The bottle gun, for me, gives me that same sense of only having to worry about running out of ammo - no need to keep up (worry?) with shot count.