• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Proposed IL house bill is a direct threat to airgunners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just become aware of a bill HB2925 filed in the IL house by Representative Tipsword. In IL, an FOID card is required for all airguns over .18 caliber. Rep Tipsword's bill would remove the "over .18" exception so all airguns would require an FOID card. There are a million reasons why this is bad, but just the damage it would do to 4-H and JROTC programs makes one shiver. This bill would be up for possible committee vote this week, so please file express your displeasure to Rep Tipsword and file a witness slip against the bill.

There is the actual bill: https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/bi...A=103&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=148069&SessionID=112

Here is Rep Tipsword's contact page: https://reptipsword.com/contact/

Here is a link from another forum on how to create a witness slip opposing this bill: https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32865-witness-slip-instructions/

Carry on!

Beer nap - hopefully enough IL airgunners will do more than read about this and actually respond so we don't get saddled with it.
The problem is that airgunners are a very small percentage of the population. It's easy to pass a restrictive law when it doesn't personally affect you at all.

The root of the issue is these politicians got elected into position of power. Either work on that or don’t bother.
That is a very complicated discussion but it can be boiled down to two simple points. Control the children's education and you control a countries future. Control the news and you control what the populous believes. Both of those objectives have been completed.

That is a very complicated discussion but it can be boiled down to two simple points. Control the children's education and you control a countries future. Control the news and you control what the populous believes. Both of those objectives have been completed.
I agree... its on the downhill slope now. No telling when or where it all finally ends.

Do they require a FOID card for black power rifles or revolvers? How about curios relic guns, crossbows, slingshots?
If we use the state I live in as an example... it ain't looking good.

FID for all airgun purchases.
FID for muzzleloaders.
FID for curious relics if they fire a projectile using powder or air.
No license required for crossbows.
Slingshots are 100% banned and can land you a felony charge.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore

FID for muzzleloaders.
And the law abiding citizens will follow the rules and the baddies will continue to ignore them. They know this, and thats why they keep taking away your freedoms.
Funny thing is, they'd have LESS crime if they loosened the gun laws and allowed the trash to be taken out with extreme prejudice.

FID for muzzleloaders.
So if a juvenile cuts off a tree branch and attaches some rubber bands to it and makes a slingshot that juvenile is now a felon. How times have changed since I was a kid! In many jurisdictions, even in Illinois, juveniles caught with a illegal handgun because no juvenile can carry one, don't get charged with the felony and get off with a slap on the wrist and spend very little if any jail time.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Status
Not open for further replies.