• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prophet Compact .22/.177

Well got my accessories for the gun over the last couple days. Just waiting for it to get here which should be Thursday!

IMG_20220329_163328287.1648614500.jpg

Ergo Zero grip: I simply prefer a straight vertical grip.

Saber Tactical Picatinny to ARCA: One of the main reasons I went with the gun ultimately. Very small pic rail on the gun and didn't want to do any risers or anything adding extra bulk and requiring to clock the reg to allow refilling. I only use tripods now so this fixed that issue.

Hatsan QE baffle kit from Hajimoto: these baffles are very nice quality that measure at 21.3mm which should fit very nicely in the shroud from the research I've done. About .025" larger in diameter than the Daystate baffles. Also has 2 short baffles and quite a few long ones so I can play with it and actually add more baffles than just 5 of the Daystate that require to cut the spring. 

Pachmayr Decelerator 200B: I like rubber butt pads for tackiness to hold in the shoulder well. This one has a black hard plastic layer that I'm hoping to take off the extended butt stock, mark up the butt pad and then drill holes so I can use the same holes and screws to attach it on the extended butt pad. And drill a hole for the HS adjuster.

Well, that was a tease. LOL

Lol just bored waiting for it with all the goodies for it. This thread will turn into my review about it when I get it.

Two questions.

What is the bag with the spring ( excuse my ignorance ).

Also regards the grip, why the change.

Enjoy, and please post your finding.

Good luck.

I will write what the accessories are in the OP. The one is a Hatsan QE baffle kit from Hajimoto. 

Now as to the grip, having owned a few AR style airguns in the past and an AR .22lr I find a vertical grip is the most comfortable grip for me and my shooting. Also has large palm swells so fits me very well.

Get the power plenum from AOA for your compact it’s a winner for sure.

I will look into that! I see only $50 so not bad.

Two questions.

What is the bag with the spring ( excuse my ignorance ).

Also regards the grip, why the change.

Enjoy, and please post your finding.

Good luck.

Yeah, it looks like a baffle set for the internal suppressor that I came up with for my Compact some time ago. I wrote about it.

It's kept my "Compact.".."compact" ! That is, no external suppressor needed.

Mike

Thanks for the hatsan baffle info. I was using 4 daystate and have the spring between the muzzle and the baffles as I only got 4, but could fit 5. The extra space helps after thw muzzle helps. Now if we could get that one guys modified barrel spacer with the larger holes to help the shroud do its job.

The spring is in the wrong location to do much good !

It needs to be BEHIND the baffles, as shown below.

DSC00712.1648739228.JPG

Mike

Reactions: rigbymauser
Ok so I got it today and got to play with it alittle bit.

First thing, Hatsan QE baffle kit is too large in OD. I had to sand them down to fit. Ended up sticking them together with a bolt through them and put it in my drill and held sand paper against it until they fit. But do work quite well once that's done.

Ok shouldering the gun felt ALOT better than expected. I was worried how the butt stock was gonna feel but was not bad at all. Will be adding gun grip tape now instead of rubber butt pad. I have low rings on my scope and need some high ones. Will steal them off my other gun. Will make my cheek weld much more comfortable as scope rail sits much closer to barrel compared to most bullpups. Gun is nice and light and nimble. Stock grip is quite nice but will be switching to the more comfortable Ergo. Cocking is very nice feeling and am enjoying it on the left side. Mags are excellent and holy cow are they huge! Can fit very long projectiles in them. Trigger is fantastic. Zero I would change with it. Barrel shroud has zero flex. Can't move it if I wanted to so I like that! Tuning seems like it should be very easy with the adjustments. Very rough sight in with the scope shooting dirt clods today after doing irrigation work today. Seems to be very accurate. So far I think this will be an excellent airgun for my needs. Very rugged gun that's nice and compact, yet powerful. 

Pics will come soon. Once I get grip on it and rings situated stuff. Either tonight or tomorrow before work if I feel moved to cut into the little sleep I get lol. 

IMG_20220401_163740379_HDR.1648857987.jpg

Ok got to play with it today for about an hour. Put a good 200 pellets through it or do. Man I like this little gun! Cocking is really nice, trigger fantastic. There is a ping when shooting but nothing terrible. I noticed it when hammer spring was cranked in more than not. Tuning is VERY easy to do. Just messing around with it I got it at 160bar pushing NSA 17.5gr at 990fps. 21gr H&N at 940fps. Not too shabby! But did settle at 120 bar and 900fps with 16gr JSBs. Real sweet shooter here. I did order a plenum after reading on dougers thread. Better efficiency and more shots is welcome. Also wanna see what it can do power wise when wanted.

Accuracy was a different story....was ok but not great. 3/4" groups at 45yds. Flyer here and there. 17.5gr NSAs were like 3" group. Seeing the accuracy card I knew it could do better. Checked my baffles and yeah problem found lol.

IMG_20220401_170037640_HDR.1648858015.jpg

3 baffles had the cones completely gone....pieces must have shot out as there was nothing. So pulled baffles and then just stacking pellets. Here's 65yds 5 shots in 2 holes.

IMG_20220401_162945451_HDR.1648858083.jpg

Never had a gun shoot threw the metal before. And could here each shot hit it. Yeah it'll shoot! Gun really isn't horribly loud without the baffles. Might come up with something different but we'll see. So far really enjoying it!