• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Project P15 just about finished.... offset shroud update...

After tuning my Impact it was just to much for ratting, so decided to get something small in sub 12FPE that I could fettle during lock down. After much research decided the P15 would be ideal. Small/ lightweight/ inexpensive and would probably need work out of the box-
1586799403_10692890385e94a32b49d2e6.22560733.jpg

Unfortunately even after dealing with the bad breech and crown I still couldnt get it to shoot for poop. It appeared that the chamber was machined to large so pellets could tumble before being pushed into the badly finished leade. Wasnt worth sorting so fitted a choked Weihrauch 495mm blank-

1586799884_6375537945e94a50c10c362.42988617.jpg

Ended up removing original baffles and using hair curlers spaced with delrin washers which work well enough (only 12FPE remember)

The gun was spiking wildly coming off reg so to keep things legal over here in the UK reduced pressure from approx 100b to 65b, polished and lightened the hammer, and fitted a delrin top hat to it aswell, also made some slip washers for either end of the hammer spring. Now running at 11.8 with a 6fps ES using 5.52 16gr Airarms fields.

Next was the stock. One coat of black stain followed by several coats of danish oil- 

1586800320_7527117825e94a6c0078cd6.37805355.jpg

Not the best finish in the world but better looking than the original in my opinion!

Also made a much needed butt pad spacer, and finished off with a nice little/ lightweight Discovery VT3 FFP Compact scope....

1586800730_9948029585e94a85a1deca7.30368496.jpg

Original mags are in the bin, replacements from Darko should hopefully drop through my letterbox this week.

Trigger set needs a polish, and seeing a little reg creep overnight so may fit a Lane reg eventually, but shooting lights out otherwise so....Fingers crossed this lockdown doesnt last much longer!

Forgot to include- original probe was sharp across the scalloped section so with the oversized probe guide, the probe was eating orings....

Cut a 2 deg angle across the scalloped section, and machined a new brass guide at the same time (pic taken pre polishing)- 

1586803409_17813828825e94b2d1303e62.84234727.jpg

Everything lines up as it should now, except the mags, became totally unusable once new guide was fitted.... 

Jamie, Wow! Great job!

I'm surprised to hear that you ran across so many different issues with your P15.. 
I guess I Really lucked out - As mine came shooting Perfectly 'out-of-the-box'.

Anyways.. yours turned out Killer. I really dig the custom buttpad! 
That was one of the first things I decided I'd have to do for mine also.. 
Still Procrastinating. 🤣

ddark/darko [CARM] mags though - Same. I went with the high-cap and single-loader, 
and all I can say is - HIGHLY Recommended! They work a million times better than the OEM mags. 
I got mine before he started using the glow-in-the-dark material on them - Awesome added touch!

Stock Finish: Nicely done!
As mentioned, patience can make or break the outcome.. 
I was going to stain mine darker also, but knew I wouldn't want to wait.. 
I opted to shoot mine with PlastiDip black rubberized coating instead.

😊👍

Sam -

@ JamieUK, yes great work, I too have ordered magazines from Darko, only having used the OE ones for a short while, before going singe shot. I never had a single shot tray supplied with mine, so went for an early aftermarket 3D printed one, works well, Mention has been made of an adjustable butt pad, one is offered by JB3d. I have ordered their cheek piece and double biathlon lever

Jamie, Wow! Great job!

I'm surprised to hear that you ran across so many different issues with your P15.. 
I guess I Really lucked out - As mine came shooting Perfectly 'out-of-the-box'.

Anyways.. yours turned out Killer. I really dig the custom buttpad! 
That was one of the first things I decided I'd have to do for mine also.. 
Still Procrastinating.
1f923.svg

ddark/darko [CARM] mags though - Same. I went with the high-cap and single-loader, 
and all I can say is - HIGHLY Recommended! They work a million times better than the OEM mags. 
I got mine before he started using the glow-in-the-dark material on them - Awesome added touch!

Stock Finish: Nicely done!
As mentioned, patience can make or break the outcome.. 
I was going to stain mine darker also, but knew I wouldn't want to wait.. 
I opted to shoot mine with PlastiDip black rubberized coating instead.

1f60a.svg
1f44d.svg

Sam -

Thank you!

To be honest I was a little surprised it needed as much as it did too! I did a lot of research on them beforehand and read about the little niggles with mags/ pellets clipping baffles/ bad crowns etc but thought they could all be easily sorted....

Even after correcting those issues it still grouped like a shotgun at 30 yards with every pellet I tried....guess I lucked out but no complaints, this little gun has been a great project and a welcome distraction...

Strangley though, the first time I shot it off reg the power spiked to nearly 18fpe, and the groups started to tighten up. Unfortunately I wasnt shooting over the chrony at that point so celebrations were short lived, as soon as I reduced the power to legal UK limits again the groups opened up....suspect these barrels may be happier at FAC levels...

Either way, now its sorted, have gotten quite attached to this little gun. Definitely a keeper! 👍

Beautiful custom work on that P15. It looks great. Countryside looks awesome and green as well. lol.

Cheers! 👍

Fortunately I have shooting permission outback, and and another 4000 acres around my village.

Have taken some pigeons over the fence but nothing more, the land has quite a few public rights of way and since the UK Gov has allowed the public out for daily excersise theyre everywhere...!

Nice work Jamie,

I picked up the Diana Skyhawk version about four months ago. Mine is a laser with JSB 15.9gr.

I love this versions walnut stock, and its two way adjustable butt pad is awesome. But I didn't care for the dark mud colored factory stain. So I sanded that off and refinished it with 4 rubbed in coats of Macarri RLO for a nice satin oil finish. Polished the cocking lever and trigger for a brushed aluminum look, added a white line butt spacer, and sling swivel studs.

I'm really liking this little pup. It's the least expensive PCP I own by a long shot, but is such a joy to shoot. Very light weight for long woods walks. 

I adjusted the power down to 860fps with those JSB's, for 75 consistant shots per fill.

I purchased 3 extra mags when I purchased it, plus got 3 of the CARM mags. I actually like the 9 round factory aluminum mags better than the 8 round 3d-printed ones.

You can't beat this great little gun for under $700.00 IMHO.

1586868825_8790366255e95b259d12960.12640552.jpg
1586868828_14664512495e95b25c230188.82481208.jpg

Very nice...

Looks and sounds like Diana made some worthwhile improvements to the P15, aluminium mags and a walnut stock, whats not to like?!👍 

Shame the Chinese didnt quite nail it on mine, but the excellent (and im not biased at all) Great British design 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 shines through 😁

Very easy to work with and well worth modifying, and at £550 all in after new barrel/ mags and mods (so about $675 ish?) in my opinion still represents very good value for money 👍

Is the Diana version built in the USA? 

Yes Jamie, definetly good value, and well worth customizing and/or blinging.

The Skyhawk is a collaboration between China and Diana of Germany.

I've read that Diana spec'd the stock, al LW barrel, and a refined trigger mechanism. All I know is, the gun exceeded my expectations in quality, accuracy, power, and shot count. My only initial dissapointment was the mud colored stain. I don't know why the factory would stain walnut. But then, I do prefer a lighter colored stock.

I've read that Diana spec'd the stock, al LW barrel, and a refined trigger mechanism. All I know is, the gun exceeded my expectations in quality, accuracy, power, and shot count. My only initial dissapointment was the mud colored stain. I don't know why the factory would stain walnut. But then, I do prefer a lighter colored stock.

Diana, increase quality control, and added a Minnelli Stock, Cleaned up a few parts, such as a better polished cocking lever, Barrels are still made by Spa and not Lothar Walther, New metal backed Mags are also being sold with P15's at present, even with this still had some QC issues on the Skyhawk launch, some of them are lasers some not so much...Stripping down the guns, apart from the stock the internal parts are identical Skyhawk or P15.