• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Primary Arms prism scope

I recently purchased a Feinwerkbau 800 for 10 meter competition at my local club. I am wanting to put a prism scope on it since I am a OG and the eyes don't work as they once did. Most in my club use sometype of scope. I am thinking 1,3,or 5 x. Most what I see are made for ars and such. Has anyone used any of the Primary Arms prism scopes for 10 meter shooting? Just wondering if parallax is a problem. Thanks.

I have shot the 1x SLX Micro & 2X GLX inside of 14 yards at home.

I don't believe I noticed any parallax error but the 2x was a bit out of focus when shooting indoors at or inside 14 yards.

Both of these optics have forgiving eye relief & were usable when mounted well forward of the listed ER. I had them on Leshiys which don't have enough rail to set them at listed ER. I mention this in case there is a similar issue with your 800.

I did shoot many rabbits inside of 14 yards with the 2x & poked many a hole in cans up to 40 yards with the 1x but ultimately decided to for more magnification for pests & plinking.

If you are leaning towards 1x, PA is coming out with a GLX 1x.

I have a project going on this weekend that allows some downtime. I'll pull them off the shelf & specifically look for parallax at 10m.

I’m interested in this discussion and hope it develops. I’ve recently become a bit of a prism scope convert and now own the 5x and 14x Element Immersive offerings. I enjoy them both, though they are very different from one another. It seems like the 5x focuses a little closer than the 14x but both are clear at under 10yards. As far as error goes, I don’t have issues with either. I do settle in nicely and naturally behind them though. While I can’t provide any info on the Primary Arms offering, I can say from experience that they are a solid company to deal with. The only reason I haven’t replaced a couple of older mid tier red dots (on firearms) with their micro prisms, is because all of my hobby money these days is going to airguns and efoiling.😁

I've got both 1x and 3x, Primary Arms SLx, prism sights.
I shoot indoors, with a short distance (about 12 yards).

For me, the 1x, the reticle is too small, at any distance.
But the 3x reticle is plenty large enough to be seen clear, without taking up any real real estate as you look through it.
They work well for me indoors or out. Most of my shooting is indoors, with a moderately light hall.
The prism scopes/sights work VERY well with people that have "astigmatism" in their eyes. This does NOT hamper the crispness of the reticle at all, once the lens has been adjusted to YOUR eyes.

Per "Scouty's" note about...not...being "clear"... It's NOT the scopes problem that it's not clear / crisp. He has not "properly" adjusted the first lens to suit "his" eyes.
This NEEDS to be done on ANY prism sight that you may buy, or the sight is basically useless. It just takes a few minutes, with a white, or light colored, featureless background so you can set the focus ring to match..."your" eyes. JUST like binoculars.
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS !

I can recommend two for you. In no particular order -

1 - The Primary Arms, SLx 3x. Red or green, you pick. I have both, the green is a little easier on the eyes.

2 - Swampfox Raider, Micro Prism sight, in 1x. Also, red or green. Has a very similar sight picture as the Primary Arms SLx, with the "chevron" as the main character on the reticle. The Swampfox is similar in size to the Primary Arms. I like it a little better than the SLx 3x, but just a little. I actually just bought my second one last week.

Have fun...

Mike