• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Primary Arms 4-14X44 Mil Mil FFP Scope or BSA Tactical Mil-Mil Rifle Scope 30mm

Im looking at these scopes and wondered if anyone had any knowledge of them. Im looking for a scope to put on the Wildcat .22 I ordered for a truck gun. Ive got the nice Hawke $500 scope on my Air Ranger but its heavy as hell and huge, perfect for target and bench. Ill be taking most shots inside of 60 yards but have shot rabbit out to a 100. I cant see going past that much at all. I like the FFP which both are. Question is, is 4 to 14 a good enough range for varmint, bird, Rabbit out to 100. They are 10 to infinity on Parallax, 24 oz and only $229 and $250. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

FFP is a great feature, but it adds weight, as does a 30 mm tube. And I have to say, 24 oz is pretty heavy for a 4-14 scope.

If you want a light scope, look for a 1" scope tube without FFP (unfortunately). For example, I like the Hawke Panorama 4-12x40 AO mil dot, at 17.3 oz. There are sure to be others with clear glass and low weight.

I have the 56 sidewinder on my Daystate and its 27.7oz. I know 24 is not much different. Im just worried a heavy scope will make the Wildcat top heavy. I love my Air Ranger and have carried it in the field but with the sidewinder, and bipod, Its like carrying my M1A with scope. Gets heavy after a while. I dont want to ruin a nice light gun, making it feel like carrying a brick. Ive never had a 4-14. I guess id like to know if its, 100 meter and in, small game worthy. Ill look at some 1 tubes also.

Hello Hawken54. I have the Primary Arms 4-14x44 with the illuminated ACSS reticle and I really like it so far. I like that style better than a straight mil dot. The ACSS does incorporate the mil scale in to it as well. I like all the hold over points and windage marks. It's my understanding that the PA and BSA from Midway are the same basic scope. But PA has taken it up a notch. There are 4 versions to choose from. Look carefully on their site. 3 Tactical and one hunting version. The newest one with the R-grid reticle will be available in a month or so. I will probably get that one also. I would say 100 yards is about the max I would want to shoot small targets with 14 power. I was just out shooting my new RAW .25 just now and currently have the PA 4-14 on it just to see how it works. I am bench resting at 100 yards at paper and wishing I had a bit more reach. But I am trying to hit 1/2 inch dots on paper. I think It would be perfect for your WC for your stated purpose. Check out the new reticle they are coming out with. Should be awesome for what you want.

running the primary arms mil-dot on my FX timberwolf, I love it. holds zero + the adjustable / re-settable towers are a nice feature. The scope gives a fantastic clear view even at the edges and has a solidity / feature list you just can't get for that kind of money. I had to get an American to buy it and bring it into Australia for me as you cant get them here and now I'm wishing I'd bought 2! IDK how it would hold up on a springer, but they generally get put on AR-15's so it might do OK. The FX is pretty heavy anyways so kinda what the heck, a bit more weight doesn't worry me, it adjusts down to 10m just fine so long as you use a lower mag setting, which is no worry at all as its a ffp!

"Lou"Bsa can not be compared to Primary Arms (Falcon Optics). You made the right choice. I am looking into this scope as well, still debating whether to get the Primary arms or an SWFA SS10. Since you will have both soon, please let us know how they compare.
Lou, are you saying that Primary Arms, which I have been looking for in Norway without luck, is the same as the Falcon, which I aktually "had to choose" (in fact 3 of them) instead of the PA I could not get?

They are all made in the same factory in China as far as I know. I read somewhere that the Falcon Menace 4-14x44 ffp was the same scope as primary arms 4-14x44 ffp. Neither primary arms nor Falcon make their own scopes, they get them from China and put their name on them. You can find the same scopes in Chinese websites. This doesn't mean that they are bad scopes, they are the best that China makes.

"scrane"
"BIGS"Do you means the BSA 4-14X44 FFP scope?Actually I am not very sure it is selling in USA and there is no information in www.bsaoptics.com.But I knwo who made the primary arms 4-14x44 and I know it's quality well...
Available here:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/456482/bsa-tactical-mil-mil-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-4-14x-44mm-side-focus-1-10-mil-adjustments-first-focal-mrad-reticle-matte
Thanks,I have seen them,there are many BSA TMD 4-14X44 FFP scope in China and I think if the BSA TMD is the original but not fakes,the quality would be OK