• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prepper stove

Just wanted to share this for the preppers out there hope ya like it. http://s566.photobucket.com/user/Varianplank/library/step 1 take empty pellet tin and make small holes as shown
step 2 insert handful of insulation in one side( this acts like a wick and keeps fuel from sloshing about.
step 3 apply high temp silicone to lip of can and close can tight. Let dry 24 hrs
step 4 pour fuel on top of can and allow fuel to seep into can, may fuels can be used. Heat gas treatment works great and is fairly compact.
step 5 place a penny over center 5 holes and dribble fuel on top and and quickly light. Only attempt this in a safe area with adult supervision. This stove burns like a champ and can also be made with two beer cans

"Barbarian"Just wanted to share this for the preppers out there hope ya like it. http://s566.photobucket.com/user/Varianplank/library/step 1 take empty pellet tin and make small holes as shown
step 2 insert handful of insulation in one side( this acts like a wick and keeps fuel from sloshing about.
step 3 apply high temp silicone to lip of can and close can tight. Let dry 24 hrs
step 4 pour fuel on top of can and allow fuel to seep into can, may fuels can be used. Heat gas treatment works great and is fairly compact.
step 5 place a penny over center 5 holes and dribble fuel on top and and quickly light. Only attempt this in a safe area with adult supervision. This stove burns like a champ and can also be made with two beer cans

Your photo bucket library is private. Unable to view. Sounds like a good idea but need photos.

Would like to see the pellet tin version!

I currently use a "fancy feast" stove when backpacking, which is basically a cat food can, some fiberglass mat for wicking, and a aluminum beer bottle section. Works excellent, and weighs basically nothing.

I've made a few stoves geared towards burning wood as well, that I usually take when kayak camping- when we pack real food.

This is the first one- and the biggest. Great with my "luxury" cook kit- pots and skillet for cooking for small groups. I also made some smaller ones better for 1-2 people cooking. They have some weight unlike the fancy feast stoves, but being able to cook with wood- and have a stable platform for pots sure is nice when you can afford the extra weight.