• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pmod popularity?

So I bought the marauder pistol for my son who is 9 because it's lightweight and compact for his size but I was really impressed with it's performance and it got me to wondering how many here own one or are considering it. I enjoy shooting it probably as much as him and I have several upgrade ideas in store for it. So am I preaching to the choir or is this little unit Benjamin's best kept secret?

They are fantastic little carbines with the shoulder attachment. They are pretty much a hit and miss in the accuracy department when I bought mine a couple years ago; don't know if that has changed. I had a LW barrel put on it and it was a wonderful carbine. I ended up selling it because of the game I shoot, I needed more power for clean and humane kills. Right now o have a 1720T and will never sell it. I can hit thumb tacks at 35 yards consistently and it loves the polymags. Your gonna love it..Andy
BTW buy some extra magazines for it.

I really like my marauder pistol. It's light and short which makes it easier to carry around. Under 30 yards, I can shoot just about anything and if the conditions are right, I feel comfortable shooting out to 50 yards. Right now I'm trying to decide on getting the eagle vision mount or getting a regulator. After several weeks playing around the pistol, I was thinking I should've got the marauder pistol over disco as my first pcp. The pmod may not have the power and the range of a disco but the short carbine and the multi shot mag makes up for it

I really like my Prod.... super accurate to 20 and 25 yards.... after that amount of yardage I am not sure. Because I bought it for 25 yard hunting and shooting.... can hit aspirin pills every time at 25 yards.......

I have gotten more squirrels with this thing than I can count...... wish it had a little more power but good enough for the things I do with it...

"billydjann"I really like my Prod.... super accurate to 20 and 25 yards.... after that amount of yardage I am not sure. Because I bought it for 25 yard hunting and shooting.... can hit aspirin pills every time at 25 yards.......

I have gotten more squirrels with this thing than I can count...... wish it had a little more power but good enough for the things I do with it...
You can easily up the power on your Marauder Pistol by: (1) increasing the hammer spring tension (2) enlarge the transfer port (3) or both. The down-side is the number of usable shots. I use Ted's recommendation and keep my charge between 1500 & 2500 PSI for best shot group. I'm getting 20 to 25 excellent shots. For the most "humane" kills I use H&N Hornets. These are deep penetration, and in many cases they pass clear through the target. H&N Hornets BARELY fit the magazine, but they do fit!
I hope this helps you...