• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Plug a hole in a magazine?

I've tried doing some searching on the forums but couldn't find this being discussed before, though I think it must've been at some point. Maybe some of you might have a thought on this: I have an Air Arms S510 (in .25 woo hoo) that as I'm sure you know can load an empty cylinder if you don't keep count or look at the magazine. I don't shoot that much to have a well practiced routine to avoid the mistake, and in the excitement of hunting I could definitely see myself shooting an airball. I was thinking maybe turning a piece of aluminum down to a snug fit and using JB Weld to glue it in one hole in the magazine. I'd be afraid that even with JB Weld, maybe it could still be pushed out of the magazine, or maybe if coming up on a solid stop it might break something in the gun, so it's just an idea; maybe a bad one.

I know learning to keep count or training myself to look at the magazine is the best advice; I get it. But I wonder, have any of you done something like this or heard of someone doing it for guns that can shoot an empty hole?

thanks in advance,
Michael McKeown

Can you feel when youre not chambering anything? Like is there a bit of resistance with a pellet?

When you are that very second you see that bird right outside your window flapping its wings that had just landed in a tree outside and you RUN! and grab your gun to blast it tell me if you pay attention to that cocking handle resistance. That sheer adrenaline overcomes any other thought going through your head.