• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Playing around with the taipan shorty

Picked it up about a month ago. Since I have owned one before I immediately added a plenum, speed adjuster. Etc. before the plenum I was getting 42 FPE with the 25.3 g JSB. Good for about 40 shots from 220 bar down to 130 bar. Pretty good for a small package. Added the plenum and lowered the reg about 10 bar. Also decided to lower power to 30 FPE. Got 55 shots down to 135 bar - could have got more, just didn’t shoot it off the regulator. Wanted to see how high a power increase was possible, turned regulator back up about 12 bar and added heavy spring. Now max is 45 FPE and shot count at a modest 30 FPE level is 55 shots from 205 bar to 125 bar where it started to fall off the reg. Reason for odd starting numbers bar is my tanks are nearly done. I will have more when I refill. 

Picked it up about a month ago. Since I have owned one before I immediately added a plenum, speed adjuster. Etc. before the plenum I was getting 42 FPE with the 25.3 g JSB. Good for about 40 shots from 220 bar down to 130 bar. Pretty good for a small package. Added the plenum and lowered the reg about 10 bar. Also decided to lower power to 30 FPE. Got 55 shots down to 135 bar - could have got more, just didn’t shoot it off the regulator. Wanted to see how high a power increase was possible, turned regulator back up about 12 bar and added heavy spring. Now max is 45 FPE and shot count at a modest 30 FPE level is 55 shots from 205 bar to 125 bar where it started to fall off the reg. Reason for odd starting numbers bar is my tanks are nearly done. I will have more when I refill.

Don't think I've ever seen a shorty with a plenum.

Any pics?

IMG_3742.1628730127.JPG

here you go matt.

Ok , was able to fill her to 230 bar with my other tank. this was what I got . 

25.4 g JSB at 725 FPS or 30 FPE 230-125 bar 70 shots

25.4 g JSB at 840 FPS or 40 FPE 230-125 bar 38 shots

Now I had similar with my Vet long. the planum doesn't add power by itself , and at max power , does not provide extra shots. If you tune your vet down to about 3/4 of max power , it will extend your shot count by 30-40% 

surprisingly , the vet shorty and the long responded pretty much the same , if I set them to around 30 FPE they will get same number of shots even though the shorty has a smaller air tube. The difference is in the power limits , the shorty maxes generally at 40-42 FPE , my long maxes at 60-62 FPE , and since the standard is between them evenly I'd venture to say it would max out at 50-52 FPE.

Note - The reg is still settling in , so performance will adjust a bit in time.

Ok , was able to fill her to 230 bar with my other tank. this was what I got . 

25.4 g JSB at 725 FPS or 30 FPE 230-125 bar 70 shots

25.4 g JSB at 840 FPS or 40 FPE 230-125 bar 38 shots

Now I had similar with my Vet long. the planum doesn't add power by itself , and at max power , does not provide extra shots. If you tune your vet down to about 3/4 of max power , it will extend your shot count by 30-40% 

surprisingly , the vet shorty and the long responded pretty much the same , if I set them to around 30 FPE they will get same number of shots even though the shorty has a smaller air tube. The difference is in the power limits , the shorty maxes generally at 40-42 FPE , my long maxes at 60-62 FPE , and since the standard is between them evenly I'd venture to say it would max out at 50-52 FPE.

Note - The reg is still settling in , so performance will adjust a bit in time.

Good Info....Thanks