• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Piece of history from Midwest Airgun Show HW30

I know the rifle isnt anything special but the box is kinda cool. From what I read Air Rifle Hq. were importing HW before Beeman came onto the stage. Tom Gaylord has a nice article about the companies beginning. I figure why not for $200.00 hope you enjoy the photos.

IMG_0621.jpeg
IMG_0622.jpeg
IMG_0623.jpeg
IMG_0625.jpeg
IMG_0627.jpeg
IMG_0626.jpeg

GREAT find! I might disagree about the "specialness" of it, LOL - that light action is soooo easy to carry and perfectly balanced in that classically German slender finger-groove furniture. The later R7-ish evolution of the HW 30 is very nice of course, but makes it a significantly heavier, more tail-heavy rifle.

If I'd been there and seen it first...I woulda bought in a New York minute. 😜

Last edited:
Your HW30 is super cool, and the box as well, in its own right.
I would not have left it lay for that price either.

My piece of history from Midwest
View attachment 367586
HW35 in .177 serial # puts it at 1970-1971.
Don't get any better than that , Bayern stock, fluted forend and sights.

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
Don't get any better than that , Bayern stock, fluted forend and sights.
I was completely chuffed that it came complete with the correct match sights. The 13mm rear match sights are somewhat spendy when you encounter a loose one these days.

I thought that I got a fair deal, but the OPs HW30 was the deal of the day, no question.

Reactions: bf1956