• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Phil's Vintage Airguns

Seemed like a nice guy. Use to repair his own guns and then started the business. Prices looked reasonable. Sent a Crossman 140, Crossman 761XL and a Sheridan Blue Streak for reseal. Promptly got the 3 guns back but the Crossman 761XL would not even hold the first pump of air. Emailed him and he thought some dirt got in the valve after he resealed it. Sent it back to him and paid for shipping and got it back promptly. Still leaked like before. Emailed him asking for a refund and got crickets. Can't figure it out. If he could not repair it, why not just tell me.

Seemed like a nice guy. Use to repair his own guns and then started the business. Prices looked reasonable. Sent a Crossman 140, Crossman 761XL and a Sheridan Blue Streak for reseal. Promptly got the 3 guns back but the Crossman 761XL would not even hold the first pump of air. Emailed him and he thought some dirt got in the valve after he resealed it. Sent it back to him and paid for shipping and got it back promptly. Still leaked like before. Emailed him asking for a refund and got crickets. Can't figure it out. If he could not repair it, why not just tell me.
I also had a less than positive experience. Will not use him again.

Anyone deserves a phone call before flushing them. Emails are not always reliable ways to communicate. Don't you agree.

Reactions: bf1956
No, I used his message feature on this website 3 times before, not my personal email, and he promptly answered each time except the message requesting a refund. A phone call with another excuse would not change my opinion of this repair. In professional terms, 2 missed back to back repairs on the same gun is dropping the baby. I think not performing on the same thing twice would be very detrimental to most professionals with their customers, clients and patients they serve. I think the facts justify the posting. Anyway the posting is factually accurate so up to the reader to form their own judgements and opinions.

Last edited:
I must have missed the response email on the refund. I would have not posted this thread if I had seen it. My wife confirmed that we did get a refund for the repair of the Crossman 761 Xl. I will conclude by saying Phil's Vintage Air Gun Repair did honor their warranty and did fix 2 of the 3 guns correctly. Plus on the Crossman 761XL, his repair cost was under half what I paid another vendor to fix it. The considerdably cheaper repair cost applies to the other two guns he fixed for me. So very happy with Phil's work done on the Crossman 140 and the Sheridan Blue Streak. I changed my mind on the timing of this posting in that I will take the earlier advice to call the vendor before posting threads like this.

I must have missed the response email on the refund. I would have not posted this thread if I had seen it. My wife confirmed that we did get a refund for the repair of the Crossman 761 Xl. I will conclude by saying Phil's Vintage Air Gun Repair did honor their warranty and did fix 2 of the 3 guns correctly. Plus on the Crossman 761XL, his repair cost was under half what I paid another vendor to fix it. The considerdably cheaper repair cost applies to the other two guns he fixed for me. So very happy with Phil's work done on the Crossman 140 and the Sheridan Blue Streak. I changed my mind on the timing of this posting in that I will take the earlier advice to call the vendor before posting threads like this.
Hey, we all make mistakes, the important thing is we own up to them and learn from them and it seems like that is the case here (y) Phil is back on the recommendation list;)

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble