Pete the Possum

Pete the Possum loved bananas. Pete would scare the crap out of my wife or mother-in-law when they crossed paths. I was pretty sure he made a den under one of the 6 sheds on our two properties and I didn't want one of my kids reaching for a ball and get attacked. So I took it upon myself as a father and airgunner to send Pete back to his Maker.

Thus the setup, a banana tied to a string that was attached to a door sensor for my home alarm system. When said banana is pulled even the slightest it triggers the sensor and sends me a text. I then know he's enjoying his snack and I lock and load the Wildcat .22 and let him eat lead for dessert.

This went down last night and my game cam even picked up some action. Pete was 19 yards from my backdoor and I hit him once on the side of his body then he turned ran some and I put another through the other side of him. Both shots were less than lethal as he scurried off to a shed.

I gave chase looking to see which shed he was under but thought I heard movement on the other side. He double backed on me because when I came around again looking down from a deck he was now 4 feet away from me in a tree! All I could do was fire the Wildcat from my hip and that hit him middle of the body and he fell out of the tree like a Hollywood stuntman.

He crawled back under the shed now with 3 body shots in him. The shed floor is very low (pictured) so I had to get flat on the ground and I was 5 feet away so all I could do was just aim with the muzzle and put 5 more in him. One was a head shot.

Photo of the alert bait system and of the 7 pound possum that is now buried. Thanks for reading! Sorry wasn't from 75 yards but there was alot of action!

Cool idea I'll have to try that with red squirrels or rabbits the bunnies come in while I'm sleeping I hunt them after dark til 9 o'clock but there tracks are everywhere around my house just can't find them and I don't wanna stay up all night to shoot a rabbit. Put a carrot on a string and when they grab it walk over to my garage with my discovery and I'll have some bunny for supper.That possum must have been tough I shot 2 porky pines to day with my 22 Discovery with 4 shots up in a tree at 20 yards.

Well I didnt have a memory card in my trail cam but at 3:20am another critter set it off. Back to battle stations. Good luck on PowerBall tonight...
No winning ticket for me. Was another possum. He was there and gone in 22 seconds. Took my shower at the wrong time. He'll be back.
He was back and with company. 6 in the morning was breakfast time for 2 possums, all different than the one at 11:09. Each is bigger, lol.

You Bet!!! Especially these puppies, lots of GREAT meat :eek:)

am5GzkH.jpg