• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pesting Tip

When you see a squirrel in the yard and you know it needs to be drilled, but your family is watching, take an upper chest shot.
Most times, it will run out of immediate sight, then expire. The fam will think you missed and just scared it.Sometimes, they will even laugh at you. You will know better, but will have to "admit that you missed" even with your expensive airgun.

I drilled a squirrel through the head awhile ago. Family was watching. The 5 year old girl was really disappointed with me; narc'd on me to the ex-wife, whom I'm sure will try to use it against me at some point. My wife growled in anguish. The 13 year-old boy congratulated me on a nice shot.

Then, I remembered the previous time I shot one in front of them. I took the chest shot; it jumped up ran out of their immediate eyeshot, lost hydraulic pressure and gave up the ghost. I smiled, shrugged and said: "Ah well. Can't get them all." Wife said: "Good!" She left and I winked at my son and told him what happened. We went out and found the body in the log pile. 

Check this out. At 0:10, you can hear someone knocking in the window to try to scare the squirrel away. At 0:17, right after he takes his pill, you can hear my wife's cry of anguish.Meanwhile, the whole time, you can hear the robins singing my praise in the background.

Smaug, nice shot, love the vids keep them coming. Sorry to tell you but I have a permission here in Southern California at a winery, 104 acres and I took my wife out with me and gave her my cricket. After her first initial kill at 60 yards she was hooked. So far this year she is responsible for the untimely passing of around 150 squirrels, anywhere from 10 yards to 70 yards. Every weekend she wants to go out and get some more, I am a blessed man. 

I havent shot at a squirrel in decades...see them alot but my backdrop doesnt allow a safe shot where they usually fence hop in my yard. I did spy one up a tree and thought well if I do a headshot and my little ones watching my luck he'll go through 2 minutes of nerve twitching. So I opted for a neck/spine...instant death, motionless. I used the tree as a backstop to stop the pellet which went right through. 18gr JSB 900fps 25 yards, he was 35' up or so. Super clean shot.

"AG72"Or you just tell them why you shoot them and explain what happens with them when they do their deathdance instead, in the longtherm i think you win with that
I told my daughter: "For every squirrel here, there are 10 songbirds that will go hungry. I'd rather have the songbirds, wouldn't you?" That made her think, but she still couldn'tn quite come to terms with killing such a cute animal.

Wife doesn't buy it, she thinks I'm crazy. Sometimes, I dream of trading her in on a nice southern girl, who grew up in a hunting family...

My 3 year old niece thinks its great when I take a pigeon although this might change as she gets older, I remember one time she ran got her little space blaster gun and was jumping up and down next to me yelling pew pew pew when I was trying to aim at one... her bouncing was too funny and I never did shoot.
Every time she sees one she tells me, she will even tell me there are pigeons when there aren't any just to see my reaction. 
You can hear her voice in one of my newer videos and when I do shoot one and we went out and picked it up together.

She will occasionally even watch me on youtube between surprise eggs and watching toy channels. I think she just likes to see me on the tablet though. Since she was using my account and the suggested videos are mostly hunting ones one time I realized she was even watching Hunter One blast Squirrels or something.... don't worry as soon as I realize she is watching a hunting video I change it for her.. and now I have the kids version of the youtube app so she can't get to other videos 

I don't know if she is to young to be exposed to it but she seams fine.. although I will tell her not to step on ants and other small living bugs "No don't kill them" I say and my sister says "what? you kill things all the time" my response is but I know the difference between life and death she does not.

I think thats great. I grew up on a farm and was wxposed to the circle of life at a very young age. I think I turned out okay. She might be a little young to really understand the concept of it all but it sounds like you are doing a great job at teaching.

Even at my age I still wont kill a big unless its needed. And I teach my 2 girla the same thing. My oldest just asked for a bb gun to go shooting with me and Im confodent knowing that I have taught her right from wrong at a young age.

"Smaug"
"AG72"Or you just tell them why you shoot them and explain what happens with them when they do their deathdance instead, in the longtherm i think you win with that
I told my daughter: "For every squirrel here, there are 10 songbirds that will go hungry. I'd rather have the songbirds, wouldn't you?" That made her think, but she still couldn'tn quite come to terms with killing such a cute animal.

Wife doesn't buy it, she thinks I'm crazy. Sometimes, I dream of trading her in on a nice southern girl, who grew up in a hunting family...

You better hope she doesn't read that or the dirty looks you get for shooting a nut eater will be the least of your worries LOL

"Smaug"

Wife doesn't buy it, she thinks I'm crazy. Sometimes, I dream of trading her in on a nice southern girl, who grew up in a hunting family…
STILL laughing!! That is hilarious. My wife thinks I'm crazy for shooting the squirrels, but luckily her reaction is to ignore me.
It's actually kinda nice...