• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Permanent Hunting Chair Recommendations

Hello,

I am looking for a high quality chair that I can sit in my back yard and leave there. It will need a front support for me to rest the rifle on. I have targets set up in my backyard at 20yrds and 50yrds and it is getting more and more difficult sitting on the ground especially after it rains.

I don't want to have to fold it up and bring it inside each time so I am looking for something that drains water fast (it rains every few hours here in FL), and won't rust in a few weeks after being outdoors. Maybe even a mini blind will work because the mosquitoes are fierce most of the year here. A perfect setup would be a little blind with mosquito netting and a chair with a support mount that I can sit inside with. That's probably asking too much but anything close would be better than I have now.

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello,

I am looking for a high quality chair that I can sit in my back yard and leave there. It will need a front support for me to rest the rifle on. I have targets set up in my backyard at 20yrds and 50yrds and it is getting more and more difficult sitting on the ground especially after it rains.

I don't want to have to fold it up and bring it inside each time so I am looking for something that drains water fast (it rains every few hours here in FL), and won't rust in a few weeks after being outdoors. Maybe even a mini blind will work because the mosquitoes are fierce most of the year here. A perfect setup would be a little blind with mosquito netting and a chair with a support mount that I can sit inside with. That's probably asking too much but anything close would be better than I have now.
Hello @herein2018,

Just my opinion from shooting benchrest, it is best to NOT have your seat connected to your shooting table/bench. Your body movement effects the rifle accuracy too much. I'm sure other members will offer their views also.

Here is a link to an all cast aluminum chair that would last forever.

ThomasT

Last edited:
Hello @herein2018,

Just my opinion from shooting benchrest, it is best to NOT have your seat connected to your shooting table/bench. Your body movement effects the rifle accuracy too much. I'm sure other members will offer their views also.

Here is a link to an all cast aluminum chair that would last forever.

ThomasT

That is a great suggestion thanks. I will order that chair then figure out what to use for a front rest. I could probably build something simple using pipes hammered into the ground.

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello,

I use a camo net/tarp for the blind, a plastic milk crate for the seat, and a shooting stick for rifle support. I'm able ( so far) to leave the blind and seat @ my location, and don't have to set it up each time. Check out Amazon for hunting blinds, there was a couple that I liked. I will second the recommendation, from ThomasT. Much better if they are independent.

Reactions: beerthief
Jokingly referring this neat contraption 🤟🤪used to use an upside down bucket. Now I use this! I leave it outside and it seals great for inside bucket storage. The seat is super comfy but gets a bit stiff if cold liiiike when its -33°🤷‍♂️ good for carrying stuff too since the bucket has a handle. *yes it's a lid for a bucket I found at tractor supply; brand is clearly shown, bucket is a random 5gal🤙

I ended up getting this bench from Amazon. The chair vendor wanted $150 for shipping and handling; I'm sure the chair would have outlasted the Amazon bench but that shipping and handling was way too much for me. I might build my own blind around the bench and hang mosquito netting on it, I don't want it to be an eyesore though or blow away in a hurricane so I will probably evaluate what Amazon has to offer first.