• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellets just slip in

"Birdshot1423"Dose it matter if the pellets I use just slip in the barrel Im not sure if it matters but I thought I sound find out . Thanks tom
Well if they are loose in the barrel, that ain't good. If they are hard to press into the barrel, than ain't good either. A pellet that fits right will not fall through the barrel, no lead will shave off on the chamber when you load it and you will be able to push it though the barrel with a cleaning rod without much effort. If you are getting any kind of group at all then they are not too loose.

That's a hard question to answer if you aren't talking about actual measurements. I like my pellets to feel just a bit snug when I load them and I want them to remain in the chamber without moving if I tilt the barrel upwards when closing it.

"oldspook"
"Birdshot1423"Dose it matter if the pellets I use just slip in the barrel Im not sure if it matters but I thought I sound find out . Thanks tom
Well if they are loose in the barrel, that ain't good. If they are hard to press into the barrel, than ain't good either. A pellet that fits right will not fall through the barrel, no lead will shave off on the chamber when you load it and you will be able to push it though the barrel with a cleaning rod without much effort. If you are getting any kind of group at all then they are not too loose.

That's a hard question to answer if you aren't talking about actual measurements. I like my pellets to feel just a bit snug when I load them and I want them to remain in the chamber without moving if I tilt the barrel upwards when closing it.
I will shoot at a taget and see what happens 

thanks tom :)