• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellet gage

I have one also. Bought the speedy pellet inspector with it. It may not be something you will use all the time. I have found so far that JSB pellets are very consistent for everyday use. But if you want maximum accuracy it does help to size them. It is also a good tool to have in case you need to troubleshoot accuracy issues. Just like a chronograph.

I continue to use mine. It takes some time to get through a tin of pellets. As I also weigh the pellets, which is considerably quicker and easier, I only size the 'selected weight' pellets, thereby reducing the number I size.

An observation I have made is that head size variation in a single weight sample is much smaller than pellets not previously selected by weight.

Technique in using the pellet gage is essential as it is quite easy to compromise the measuring by bad or inconsistent technique.

I picked one up in .25 recently. Of the JSB kings, heavy MKI & MKIIs I've sorted I only end up with 4 sizes 6.35, 6.36, 6.37, and 6.38. Most of them being in the 6.36 then 6.37, much less in 6.35 and very few in 6.38. Thankfully 6.36 and 6.37 sizes are the most accurate in my Cricket. 

I wouldnt say its a fast or entertaining evolution, but could be done while watching a movie or such. However it seems to reduce the # of fliers i have per magazine.