• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellet fussiness in .25?

I’m new in this caliber and I wanted to know about how pellet fussy can airguns be at 40-70ft/lb in .25 cal. I normally shoot 12-28ft/lb guns and I’ve found that the lowest energy guns tend to be more pellet fussy than the most powerful ones, specially 12ft/lb guns. I don’t have the possibility to have lot of batches of .25 cal pellets (in fact only one Probably)) here in my country so I wanted to know that you have found .25 requiring as much research as the .177 for example. 

I will be shooting an edgun r5m with 25.4 and 34gr

My AA S-510 Walnut is not very particular. I have tested nearly every available pellet over the last six months, both on my indoor range and outdoor range. I have had them on the chronograph and have hand weighed each pellet over several tins. I have AA S-510 rifles in .177, .22, and .25, and the .25 is the least "fussy" of all, shooting virtually one hole 10 shot groups at 20 yards and very consistent sub 1" groups at 50.

The three best performing pellets in terms of consistent POI and grouping, in order, were the H&N Baracuda Hunter 27,47, the .25 JSB Exact King Heavy 33.95, and the JSB Match Exact King 25.39.

I hope all of this helps.

365e60c6cd2bda06e8b052ec16d83074.jpg

16c99467e27b559844086da9f270778b.jpg

"Gwelo"You have an EDgun R5M? In .25 cal? Would like to see pictures if you can. Not available here in the US. 
My EDgun R3M .25 with the Huma Power Plenum likes the EDgun 34 grain pellets a little better than the JSB's, might give them a try.
Not yet, I pre ordered and should have it in April. Thank you gor the answer guys, it seems that they aren’t as picky after all. 

Fpr those shooting 34gr, it’s the mk1 or mk2?

Some are... I just picked up a used .25 tuned to shoot the 34ish gr pellets. 6 inch groups at 50yds became 1 inch groups at 75y when I went from JSB MKI's to the EDgun 34's (they call the ones I got MKII's but they are a bit diff than the JSB MKll's). This was just confirmed today. Tomorrow, I try the JSB MKll's. Can't address the 25.4's since the 2 25's I have would push them at close to 1100 fps and I wasn't going for that or retuning one down.

That said, a previous .25 that shot 25gr JSB's very well at 890+ also shot the 34gr pellets quite well, just at softball lob speeds (not women's fast pitch, the amateur lob...)

MKl's are really tough in many/most mags. especially with a rear bolt action but still worth a try until you know in your rifle.