• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellet cleaning and lube

Ok so you are talking to a dummy here so be gentle.......grin. What is the low down on cleaning and lubrication of pellets? I have not cleaned my pellets but have tried different lubes with differing results. Do you clean? What is the procedure? What is your best pellet lube? I am a longtime cf benchrester so am naturally anal retentative, no procedure too complex IF it produces tighter groups. Regards...g

you will get a lot of opinions on this topic. as a field target shooter i know that many in this sport do lube. i use FP 10, but there are several good lubes out there. for the most part lubing will help keep the barrel cleaner for a longer period, and get rid of the lead dust that is included with some pellets. cleaning is easy and most necessary with the crossman pellets, as they tend to have a lot of lead residue present. put them in a plastic container, add dish soap and mix them around for several minutes. then dump them into a strainer and rinse. let dry and then lube (very, very small amount).for lubing i use a plastic box with a cover and put a few drops on the side of the box, then roll the pellets around. my experience is that the AA and JSB pellets rarely need cleaning. a little experimenting with your gun and different pellet procedures will give you the answer that works for you.