• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A pellet ballistic coefficients.

Was wondering if there is database for say 177 and 22 calibers of ballistic coefficients. If so, please point me in the right direction. If not, would this be a worthwhile undertaking for this forum. At least to select these 2 calibers to start out. I am talking about pellets like Crossman Premiers, H&N, JSB and RWS that most serious shooters use. Just a thought. Thanks in advance for all replies.

Reactions: .20calguy
Was wondering if there is database for say 177 and 22 calibers of ballistic coefficients. If so, please point me in the right direction. If not, would this be a worthwhile undertaking for this forum. At least to select these 2 calibers to start out. I am talking about pellets like Crossman Premiers, H&N, JSB and RWS that most serious shooters use. Just a thought. Thanks in advance for all replies.
I haven't looked at them all, but the Element Optics, phone app calculates the BC by pellet manufacturer, weight, and caliber. Theres a list to pic your pellet from there.

Screenshot_20240510_071109_Element Ballistics.jpg

Reactions: JDR
I use MERO and element ballistics. MERO is good for pc, but there phone app isn't as good as EB.

My problem is nether of them have JTS pellets and I can't seem to find any data on them. For their domed ones I use the closest JSB pellet and it works ok, but I have no clue about the other JTS ones.
I'm particularly interested in JTS .22 wadcutter pellets, if anyone has data on those I would be grateful. I'm assuming the bc on them are not great considering the shape.

Be aware that ballistic coefficient quantifications are accurate only in the gun tested, and only at the power tested. The BC usually changes some in different guns and/or different power levels.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^
Also even factory specifications can be horribly wrong. H&N listed their 11gr 20 cal FTTs at 0.016 which is terrible. That's about the same as a 7gr 177. Out of concern I and another forum member set up two matching chronographs 46 yards apart and calculated the actual BC as 0.0274. That's worlds better than manufacturer advertised.

We also tested the 13.73 Exacts to be 0.0373 thats also higher than published. The test rifle was my R1

20211023_203111.jpg

20211023_203224.jpg