pcp, break, spring??

I am wanting to purchase my first REAL air rifle and need help. I wont be doing any hunting, just target...anywhere from 15 to 100 yards max. What type of rifle do you guys recommend? Budget in no more than $1000.00. What caliber? I do like my rifles accurate as possible. Thank you in advance. Steve

Reaching out to 100 yards, a spring gun would be pushing accuracy. I just replied to another topic that an Air Arms TX200 is a nice accurate spring gun. For a PCP under $1000 including a pump, a Marauder probably is one of the few guns that fit that bill. Other than that a nice used gun can be found.
Once you have the initial fill equipment, it makes buying the gun more affordable.
You say you are just target shooting. As for caliber..... The larger you go the better, it will buck the wind. I always reach for at least the .22 if I have a slight breeze. The .177 has a nice flat trajectory for closer shots.

Benjamin, Hatsan, Kral, are just three of many brands you will find that make air rifles that will fit your needs. If you are going to shoot out to 100 yards I would go with the 25 cal.. The extra energy works better at those long range shots. Before you buy read all you can. Most of the guns you are going to hear about will work fine but better with a little tuning. Things you can do yourself. It is not hard and finding the information is right here. Pick the one you like and have at it.
Oh welcome to the air rifle addiction.

I'm new also to the air gun world. I purchased a .22 Benjamin marauder with a center point 4-16x40 mm scope and the Benjamin SCBA tank on their website. I had no interest in filling from a pump. (I work construction by day and don't want to make a workout of pumping my gun up when I'm trying to relax and shoot). I really like the gun it shoots great. Currently trying out some different pellets to she which shoot the best. 

Im not sure I would recomend a scba tank unless you can get it easily filled to the max 4500psi. Which I've been having problems with. The scuba tank would work better as long as it is a larger tank. (Less time between refills).

If you don't have any experience with airguns, maybe you should not go for a 100 yards directly, maybe you should think 15-50y at first, and get a god gun for that distance, and then when you feel comfortable with that start looking for a 100y gun, i have alot of fun shooting at 25y with my fwb 300 universal, competition accurasy at that distance, and very cheap for the quality you get, buy a god scope for the rest of the budget and you have a high performance setup, for a 100y gun, maybe a fx royale 400 or 500

Well, to give my 2c worth, Hatsan's are the best bang-for-the-buck. I got my Striker 1000x .22 @ 800FPS from midwayusa.com on sale before Christmas for $95.99 + $12.73 or so S&H. Usually about $125 break barrel. It's a wood stocked sporter with German steel barrel & comes with a Optima 3-9x32 scope. not so good on springer's (AKA break barrels), so I ordered a Hammers 3-9x32AO scope off amazon that was $52. Really good scope made for springer's for the money, with standard mildot reticle. They are well made, have good balance & shoot accurately, I think is on par with my Thompson/Center Hawken .50 cal. It's good for some 60yds, some even showed 100yds on Youtube videos.
IMG_0245.jpg

​Now, if you want some quality, German engineering, the Diana's are very good as well. Wood or synthetic stocks that have that classic sporter look to me as well. They even have a pellet gun version of the K98 Mauser! Here's their catalog in PDF format I'm sure you will enjoy perusing. http://www.diana-airguns.de/fileadmin/pdf/katalog/DIANA_Katalog_2016_web.pdf

"steves"Thinking about the Air Arms S510...a tad pricy but I think it's worth it.....thoughts?

The AA510 is a nice well made rifle. I have a .177. If I were to change anything I probably would have bought a .22 initially. Now that I have other calibers I like to have one in every size. Also a regulator would be nice.
Matt Dubber on Youtube has a lot of videos hunting with it.

The more info and the more I talk to people the better I feel. A little bit of back round on myself...I am a competitive shooter in the long distance accuracy deal. We shoot anywhere from 100-1200 yards...not with airguns, but.... I currently shoot a 6.5x47 Lapua cal. rifle and have reloaded for approx. 20 years. I am very detail oriented. So I'm not new to the shooting sport, just new to airguns. With that being said...I want to revamp what Im looking for in an air rifle. Please be patient as I know just enough to be dangerous in my wishes.

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. I want a rifle that is or can be upgraded/maintained to be extremely accurate! I don't want just a "bench rest rifle". I will be shooting off a Harris bipod.
2. Adjustable power? I,m not sure.....Is this important? I truly don't know.
3. Something with an adjustable cheek riser for constant and accurate eye relief.
3.Open to caliber...but I'm thinking .22. That kinda splits the difference...the more I think about it, the ranges I will be shooting are probably between 25-75 yards at the most.
4. PCP seems like the way to go.? 

Thank you for all your input.

Steve

"steves"Whatcha thinking Dirte?
Air Arms S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter Air Rifle? In .22. Has everything on your list. Just $500 above $1000. Not regulated.
If you were going to step up twice as much the RAW is a highly regarded on this forum. I have one on order now. I see some good used deals pop up time to time.
I have a FX Royale 400 (somewhere in the middle price wise) which is very accurate 50-75 yards. It does not have an adjustable comb though. I will never let this gun go. Just a great gun.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Air_Arms_S510_EXTRA_FAC_Ultimate_Sporter_Air_Rifle/3816

https://www.precisionairgunsandsupplies.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=fxroyale400walnut

https://www.rapidairweapons.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17751&cat=262&page=1