• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Panthera Tunes HERE

Hey guys, nice to meet you all. I'm from the Netherlands, here it's impossible to find the Javelin .25 cal. I'm mainly shooting ZAN slugs and DIABOLO pellets with a 700 barrel. I know it's not made for pellets but still, 33.95gr 115 bar and 3.2/3.4 on the micro do the job quite well. Still floating a bit with the tuning of the ZAN slugs 35gr .25 any suggestion?
Cheers
Micro sounds high for 115bar. Could be on the wrong side of the power curve, wasting air and making too much noise. I’d suggest measuring speed at micro = 3, 2.75, 2.5 and 2.25 and dialing in to the speed you need at the lowest micro setting.

Let me tell you what I think of them. I bought 5000 of them a week ago. ‘Nuff said. 😉

Bought 1000 Altaros .25 smooth and queen slugs from Wayne today to try. Still got thousands of NSA to shoot but since I don't shoot long range all that much I think 1000 Altaros slugs might last me a few weeks, I'll shoot the NSA with half the BC just for the challenge. 😅

Edit: my dynamic 700mm in .25 won't be here and ready for a few week though.

Reactions: Centercut
Hey guys, nice to meet you all. I'm from the Netherlands, here it's impossible to find the Javelin .25 cal. I'm mainly shooting ZAN slugs and DIABOLO pellets with a 700 barrel. I know it's not made for pellets but still, 33.95gr 115 bar and 3.2/3.4 on the micro do the job quite well. Still floating a bit with the tuning of the ZAN slugs 35gr .25 any suggestion?
Cheers
Seems a lot of hammer spring tension. My Panthera 500 is also set at 115 bar for 34gr FX pellets but the macro wheel is set at 13 and micro just under 3.
IMG_1900.jpeg

Hi all,
I will first add a remark with no offense : we don't care about the position of the Macro Wheel :) only the position of the micro wheel is useful.

So you can have you macro at 23 or 1 ... if your micro is still on the "3" then you have the same setting.

That said, I'm trying to find the best accuraty (as all) for my brand new Fx Dynamic 700.
I make the velocity/micro position curve at 130b / 140b and 150b... the accuraty is still the same for a speed : really bad !

Now I'm trying the Altaros King, BT and Smooth ...

My question is : is it better to have a High pressure (i.e. 160b) and a lower micro position (i.e. 2.5) or a lower pressure (130b) and a higher micro position (i.e. 3.5) ?

I read that someone set up the pressure at 107b and 1.7 position in order to have 885fps ??? how is it possible ???
I think we have to read 170bars ??

Got my 700mm shooting the 32.3gr 5.52mm Altaros ATP smooth, also at 885fps and also with stupid accuracy.

Mine is at only 107bar on the reg (as per the installed Sekhmet) and at 1.7 on the micro adjuster. The gun barely moves or makes a sound shooting with those settings.

Love it

Hi all,
I will first add a remark with no offense : we don't care about the position of the Macro Wheel :) only the position of the micro wheel is useful.

So you can have you macro at 23 or 1 ... if your micro is still on the "3" then you have the same setting.

That said, I'm trying to find the best accuraty (as all) for my brand new Fx Dynamic 700.
I make the velocity/micro position curve at 130b / 140b and 150b... the accuraty is still the same for a speed : really bad !

Now I'm trying the Altaros King, BT and Smooth ...

My question is : is it better to have a High pressure (i.e. 160b) and a lower micro position (i.e. 2.5) or a lower pressure (130b) and a higher micro position (i.e. 3.5) ?

I read that someone set up the pressure at 107b and 1.7 position in order to have 885fps ??? how is it possible ???
I think we have to read 170bars ??
Nope.
My reg pressure and hammer settings are exactly as I wrote.
And my gauge isn't faulty either, so you don't 'have to read 170bars'.

885fps with a 32.3gr slug is only 56 foot pounds- Hardly set up as a cannon. Similar to a 25gr at 980fps which you can do on a 700mm impact with around 115bar with power to spare. I have never had issues getting slugs to shoot well at much lower reg pressures, than the general youtube wisdom would advise.
As to why your particular gun is shooting poorly, that's a more complex thing for you to figure out and may have nothing at all, or everything, to do with your tune.

Reactions: Pi-Wi74
Nope.
My reg pressure and hammer settings are exactly as I wrote.
And my gauge isn't faulty either, so you don't 'have to read 170bars'.

885fps with a 32.3gr slug is only 56 foot pounds- Hardly set up as a cannon. Similar to a 25gr at 980fps which you can do on a 700mm impact with around 115bar with power to spare. I have never had issues getting slugs to shoot well at much lower reg pressures, than the general youtube wisdom would advise.
As to why your particular gun is shooting poorly, that's a more complex thing for you to figure out and may have nothing at all, or everything, to do with your tune.
I calculate that you are shooting a panther 700 in caliber .22, if you have a new slug liner, take into account that it is made with hard Chok, so it is ideal to use smaller diameter slugs, which for .22 is ideal for this barrel. .217 slug. I made slugs with a diameter of 6.335 mm for the .25 to work well with the liner.

simple these slugs are for un-chocked barrels. the panthera has a chocked barrel, so it won't be quite the same. reaching the speed indicated on the box will not be a problem because the weight of the slug is low for your caliber, but the question is what will be the resistance in the barrel
Thanks.
So if I buy some slugs for a choked barrel, what would be a good weight for hunting with a .3 cal?
Any recommendations on slugs and reg/hammer settings?

Thanks.
So if I buy some slugs for a choked barrel, what would be a good weight for hunting with a .3 cal?
Any recommendations on slugs and reg/hammer settings?
it's hard to say which slugs will work, but if I generalize, 45 grain zan, fx hybrid... should work in the regulator setting at 130 bar and micro somewhere around 2.5-3 50-58 grain 140-155 Bar micro 3-3.8. to use 60 grains and more, you need to have a heavier hammer, I think personally, and a pressure of 160 bar or higher. take it as an estimate because each airgun has to be adjusted for a certain ammunition and there is no exact setting that works the same on all of them.

Please note that variation exists between guns of the same cal and barrel length due to manufacturing tolerances and gauge accuracy etc, so you should be prepared to tweak the reg or micro a little bit to get the same speed as someone else. Also while the donor tune gun might be most accurate at speed X for a given projectile, your (recipient) gun’s barrel might be more accurate with speed Y.

It’s better to learn to tune yourself but in any case, I’ll be a sport:

Panthera 600 22 shooting Altaros 32.3grain (0.18 BC!) slugs at 895fps with blow-my-mind accuracy:

140bar reg, 3.2 micro.

They’re collecting dust now, but this tune also worked well for Javelin 26g 218s at 1000fps.

Gun is a pussy cat at this relatively low power level.

110y with Altaros slugs:
View attachment 356171

In this respect I would like to share something here. I am shooting springers since I was a small boy but I am new to PCP’s.

A few months ago I’ve purchased a Panthera .22 600 mm and some different types of pellets and slugs.

Pellets: JSB jumbo heavy 18.13, FX 18.1, H&N Baracuda match 21.14, JSB Jumbo Exact Monster Redesigned 25.39

Slugs: H&N 5.5 mm HP 25 grain (.218), Javelin Gen 2 5.5 mm 34 grain.

Tune 135 bar, 2.5 micro was shooting pellets JSB 25.39 redesigned, slugs H&N HP25 grain as well the Javelin Gen 2 34 grain in decent groups at 50 m. Unfortunately I was not able to register velocity in that situation…

Anyhow, installed the FX radar, loaded pellets JSB 18.13 pellet in the magazine at that tune resulted in velocity of ~1170 fps explaining the loudness upon the shot. Adjusted the macro half way down. Velocity dropped to ~1060 fps. Still high but I was able to hit 10’s with occasionally flyers.

Reading the forum I found in this thread indication for pellet tune for the FX 18.1’s. I decided to try this for JSB 18.13’s and FX 18.1 grains.

So, degassed the gun, set reg setting at lower pressure (85 bars, micro 2.5) and it spitted out the pellets at ~982 FPS! 100 FPS more then listed at thread start?! Pellets grouped within 1”.

I adjusted micro down and speed dropped to minimum of of 880 FPS. Group stayed within 1”.

Out of curiosity decided to degas and drop regulator pressure significantly and start to increase speed gradually to see effect on grouping. At 50 bars, micro 2.5 at ~810 fps, pellets dropped on top of each other!

Tonight I increased reg pressure to 85 bars again with micro 1.9 setting. Velocity went up to 989 FPS, close to previous setting at 85 bars. With this setting I shot 10 out of 10 at 50 mtrs. So no comments for accuracy at this tune combined with the FX 18.1 pellets!

My question to the experts here;
  1. What do you think of the deviation 100 fps compared to tune given in thread start?
  2. Can a very low (50 bars) regulator pressure do any harm?
  3. Is the high velocity at the low pressure setting normal? (assuming the used FX radar is OK).
  4. Any other comments?
Thank you in advance for potential replies and I hope that I can take learnings from them.

Take care.

Grtz, Jeroen

IMG_8475.jpeg

IMG_8473.png

IMG_8472.jpeg

Last edited:
We, a group of 6 panthera shooters, have all the .22/700s set now at 150 bar, with the new heavier valverod upgrade. Hammer at 3.1ish.
We have tried all pressure setting combined with hammer settings. 150bar seemed to be the very best.
External bottle pressure regulated at 210 bar.
We use H&N 34gr.218 at 1010fps.
Just got my brand new .22 Panthera 700, set the reg at 150 bar wheel at 19 and micro at 3.9 same setting as tedholdover when he was shooting cans with 34gr at 1000 fps, but I’m getting only 630 fps what’s wrong ??

Just got my brand new .22 Panthera 700, set the reg at 150 bar wheel at 19 and micro at 3.9 same setting as tedholdover when he was shooting cans with 34gr at 1000 fps, but I’m getting only 630 fps what’s wrong ??
is the transport screw on the right beneath the magazin entry removed? There should be a hole visible to the other side? Where did u buy it?

Last edited:
is the transport screw on the right beneath the magazin entry removed? There should be a hole visible to the other side? Where did u buy it?
Little Update: I ended up achieving 1000 fps with the PW at 23 macro at 4 reg 150 bars using 34gr javelins. I removed the screw when I first got it. Just realized each one of us achieve that 1000 fps (34gr slugs) with different settings, thought I would copy and get the same results but it looks like each gun is different from the other.