• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Panthera taking out some ground squirrels

Just some quick scope cam shots I got a couple weeks ago on the ground squirrels. I messed up on one of the shots and forgot to focus the camera to the reticle.

FX Panthera .22 700mm
H&N Heavy slug 34 gr. .218 @ 1018 FPS
Vortex venom

Nice shooting! I have been in an ongoing war with ground squirrels on my property for a couple years. Mine seem to always stretch out long and flat to the ground...makes them harder to hit. Almost like they know what they are doing 🤔

Just some quick scope cam shots I got a couple weeks ago on the ground squirrels. I messed up on one of the shots and forgot to focus the camera to the reticle.

FX Panthera .22 700mm
H&N Heavy slug 34 gr. .218 @ 1018 FPS
Vortex venom

Nice video and great shooting. I love mine too shooing the same slug at a nearly identical speed.

Reactions: LDP
LDP - had mine out for a little while today. Is is shooting the H&N 34 Gr Heavy Slug at exactly 1030 - SD of 1.5 across 10 shots. Even in the wind - no challenge out to my max distance on the 1 1/2" spinners ( 85 yards). I need more targets of opportunity to make it less boring. One can only shoot so many tight groups.

Reactions: LDP and Blueduck
LDP - had mine out for a little while today. Is is shooting the H&N 34 Gr Heavy Slug at exactly 1030 - SD of 1.5 across 10 shots. Even in the wind - no challenge out to my max distance on the 1 1/2" spinners ( 85 yards). I need more targets of opportunity to make it less boring. One can only shoot so many tight groups.
Yes 1.5" at 85 yds is easy work. So far the H&N slugs have been the best performers in all my slug set ups in .22 and .25 cal.

Good going, I've got a question, what pressure are you using to get that speed?
I have the reg set at 150 bar. I cant remember what the macro and micro are set at. I am at work and didnt bring it with me today so I can check when I get home if you want that info. With the reg set at 150 bar I hit the plateau at 1045 fps.

I have the reg set at 150 bar. I cant remember what the macro and micro are set at. I am at work and didnt bring it with me today so I can check when I get home if you want that info. With the reg set at 150 bar I hit the plateau at 1045 fps.
Close enough thanks, I've got a Maverick and not fond of pushing it that hard.

Reactions: LDP