• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera puff of air

Hello. I have a question about the the fx panthera more specifically the little hole on the right side of the gun next to the action I've had this Gun for a while now and I just switched the reg out to a huma regulator and when I gassed it back up and took a few dry fires I noticed a pretty decent puff of air coming out of that little hole so I don't know if it's just me or if I have a blown oring so any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture for reference
Screenshot_20240421_182546_Google~2.jpg

If that hole is a vent hole for the hammer and the OP just gets a puff of air when the hammer is in motion wouldnt the puff of air simply be the air being pushed out by the hammer movement? That makes more sense to me and the whole reason the hammer passage is vented. Maybe I missed something but I will re cap. So no air leak out of the barrel when the rifle is sitting? No air leak down over time just letting the rifle sit? If theres no air loss other than from air used for the shot cycle it seems the hammer vent hole is doing exactly what it should which is vent air to allow the hammer to freely move and not get slowed down from trapped air. I could be misunderstanding the situation and what that vent hole is for so correct anything that I got wrong.

Reactions: Headshots
He was getting excessive air through the vent. Put your finger over the vent holes and fire it. There is just a little puff if everything is sound. If the valve stem seal, x1-8 is torn up, you would get a redirect of air out the vent hole along with the transfer port. A bad X1-8 won't experience any bleeding through the barrel just sitting.

Last edited:
He was getting excessive air through the vent. Put your finger over the vent holes and fire it. There is just a little puff if everything is sound. If the valve stem seal, x1-8 is torn up, you would get a redirect of air out the vent hole along with the transfer port. A bad X1-8 won't experience any bleeding through the barrel just sitting.
I understand how the valve seal works and you dont get air leaking thru the barrel from that seal. Im just getting all the info possible about the rifle. You say excessive air but how do you know its excessive? The OP says a pretty decent puff but whats a decent puff to the OP? Does the OP know how much of a puff he got before the work was done? If so is it more than prior to the work? Theres a good chance that X1-8 is bad but theres a chance its not. Why not get detailed info before the OP starts tearing things apart again in case its a situation of paranoia from doing work to the rifle and thinking something went wrong causing a new problem.

What happens to a piece of tissue paper if you lay it over the vent hole and fire? Does it blow off the rifle or raise it a little? Do what you want and tear into if you want but I would wonder how much air is actually coming out of the vent. I would make sure its not a normal amount before starting work.

Ok I was having the exact same issue with my new drs they share same valve I found the valve body is located next to that hole and they can rotate which is the reason why my lab radar and Chrono graph didn't match half my transfer port was blocked and blowing air out that hole I'm not sure but there should be something in the hole so the valve doesn't rotate

Ok I was having the exact same issue with my new drs they share same valve I found the valve body is located next to that hole and they can rotate which is the reason why my lab radar and Chrono graph didn't match half my transfer port was blocked and blowing air out that hole I'm not sure but there should be something in the hole so the valve doesn't rotate
How much air are you getting out of the vent holes, you will get some from the hammer, but not a puff or large amount of air.

Reactions: Airgunmann
It was a lot I think what happened is I shot air pressure down to empty the gun and went one to many times I then must have unseated the valve enough for it to be able to rotate and after I went threw and checked everything out to make sure I was set up for slugs I aired it back up and then shot it over my lab radar and lost like 100 fps I thought it was just my old Chrono was off compared to my lab radar now I know why lol

It was a lot I think what happened is I shot air pressure down to empty the gun and went one to many times I then must have unseated the valve enough for it to be able to rotate and after I went threw and checked everything out to make sure I was set up for slugs I aired it back up and then shot it over my lab radar and lost like 100 fps I thought it was just my old Chrono was off compared to my lab radar now I know why lol
Copy, you can re-index with a small flathead and re-seat it. But at that point, you may as well check the o-rings. If you don't have the valve removal tool, you will have to fabricate one.

You will also need a way to remove the cap holding the assembly in before you can to do anything. You can try snap ring pliers for this, but would recommend the correct tool. View attachment 465339
Thanks for all the advice. Pulled the rifle apart to find that x1-8 was completely gone. Resealed and back up to 920fps.
Thanks everyone

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
I reccomend to lube that oring once every half year with one drop of silicon oil through the vent port with the gun pointed to the floor. Same goes for the other side on the valve cap, where the valve comes out.
That will keep these orings in a good conditions. Especially when you fire rapidly at some times.
I use a serenge with needle for this job. easy peasy..