• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

P-Rod or Bullpup

If you do not own both the Prod and the Notos then your opinion is not very useful.

I do own both and the Notos is far better in performance with a better build too.

What i do not like about the Notos is the non removable moderator.
The trigger on the Prod is better too.

Yes the Crosman support,warranty and part availability is much better.
But out of the box the Prod performance is much worse than the Notos.

So despite our opinions not being very useful, they were exactly what you just said...

Notos: Better performance out of the box
Prod: Better parts support and customizability

My first PCP was a Prod and I throughly enjoyed it and still do. It is under 5 lbs with it's Hawke 2-7 scope. The Crosman butt stock is not great so I made my own which is lighter and the comb is not so ridiculously low. I tuned it up to 17-18 fpe and it kills squirrels nicely now. It is also a great gun if you hand pump. The air storage is only 66cc so you don't get a ton of shots and the max power you can get is about 20 fpe but you can hand pump it back up with less than 50 strokes. I get 20 good full power shots at my current power level and 24 if I want to allow for a little more drop in the last 4. Plenty for every hunting trip I've been on.

I also have and love my 3 P35s, a bullpup. The are just over 5 lbs without a scope. So 6-7 lbs with a scope. Even the 177 has more fpe than the Prod and gives me over 100 shots per fill. Could be hand pumped but it wouldn't be any fun to fill it's 265cc storage. Not as light as a Prod but still light for a bullpup. I have the 22 and 35 tuned to a little over 30 fpe. Still get lots of shots. Regulated. Accurate. Light. Only real drawback is the scope is really high so you have to hold over until about 20 yards. But for longer shots it's accurate and has the power. For shorter shots I have to learn to hold over.

I like having both.

Out of the box the Prod trigger is better than the Notos trigger.

The Notos trigger was too heavy out of the box (around 3-5 lbs) and it broke very abruptly.
I adjusted one of the trigger screw and I polished various surfaces and now the trigger is good enough, still worse than the Prod.

This is what can be done to the Notos trigger (same trigger as the PP750):

The P35 trigger is not so good as received. The first stage spring is set too high and it's force is also there in the second stage. But all you do is loosen one allen head screw to lower it to almost nothing. That gets you to a decent trigger. But if you put on a longer sear screw you can get it under 1 lb and crisp. So with a little work it has a good trigger. My Prod trigger was good right out of the box. It is the only trigger on my 5 airguns I have not messed with. But it is easily adjustable.

P35 barrel is 450mm or about 6 inches longer than my Prod.

If you do not own both the Prod and the Notos then your opinion is not very useful.

I do own both and the Notos is far better in performance with a better build too.

What i do not like about the Notos is the non removable moderator.
The trigger on the Prod is better too.

Yes the Crosman support,warranty and part availability is much better.
But out of the box the Prod performance is much worse than the Notos.
The Notos trigger is easily tuned, I had mine so light it would fire when Imclosed the bolt, had to back off a bit.

If you are considering the Benjamin PROD I suggest that you buy the Umarex Notos instead.
I have both.

The Notos is about $250-260 MSRP and can be found cheaper.
The PROD is about $400-$500 MSRP and can be found around $370-$400.

The Notos out of the box has a better build and a moderator included.
Out of the box The Notos will give you 21 shots at about 18-20 FPE.
I tuned mine to give me 50 shots with CPHP 14.3 grains at 700 FPS which is about 15-16 FPE.

With my PROD I had to spend many many hours of research and tuning to get it to an acceptable condition.
Now I can get 32 shots (4 mags) 660FPS to 690FPS with CPHP.
Hi! Just wondering what this Notos is! I was thinking of a PROD and have never heard of this. Thanks!

Going further down the rabbit hole. I would like something a little smaller, lighter and handier than my M-Rod. I am happy with the power and accuracy of my M-Rod and would like to stay 22 Cal. Haven't handled anything but read about the P-rod/stock and the Benjermin bullpups. Going to go used since they are a bargain. What should I be looking for?
You should get the JSAR AR adapter set and put lightweight furniture on as well as an aluminum air tube. Should be comparable in weight to the p-rod, with more shots and since you already know what pellet it likes you’re already set up. Win-win

I started pellet air gunning as a youngster with a Benjamin pump, so nostalgia and brand loyalty has a bit to do with it, but I just started PCP shooting with a P-Rod and an Akela as my two lower end guns. The P-Rod is very light weight in comparison to the Akela, but both are quality pieces and extremely accurate for my purpose as backyard friendly target practice and Starling elimination. I have taken advantage of the aftermarket for the P-Rod and dropped a pretty penny into it, because I can. Other than my 1377, on which I mounted the P-Rod Crosman stock, I am really fond of it. I wish I had gone with a .177 in the P-Rod and .22 in the Akela, instead of the other way around. Buck Rail makes some neat stuff for both guns as well. I'm a former Marine and but not a "black rifle" fan, but rather a traditional wood and metal rifle loony (I was issued the M-14 in the Marines)

P-Rod - sized.jpg

P-Rod breech-sized.jpg

PRod.jpg

Hawke2 (2).jpg

Starling.jpg

Reactions: Yongshin43
I started pellet air gunning as a youngster with a Benjamin pump, so nostalgia and brand loyalty has a bit to do with it, but I just started PCP shooting with a P-Rod and an Akela as my two lower end guns. The P-Rod is very light weight in comparison to the Akela, but both are quality pieces and extremely accurate for my purpose as backyard friendly target practice and Starling elimination. I have taken advantage of the aftermarket for the P-Rod and dropped a pretty penny into it, because I can. Other than my 1377, on which I mounted the P-Rod Crosman stock, I am really fond of it. I wish I had gone with a .177 in the P-Rod and .22 in the Akela, instead of the other way around. Buck Rail makes some neat stuff for both guns as well. I'm a former Marine and but not a "black rifle" fan, but rather a traditional wood and metal rifle loony (I was issued the M-14 in the Marines)

View attachment 336901

View attachment 336902

View attachment 336903

View attachment 336904

View attachment 336905
I am not sure what your photos are trying to say.

You seem to like Crosman airguns.
I have more Crosman airguns than any other manufacturer.

In the PCP world Crosman has stopped inovating years ago.
Now they are selling Kral made airguns (quite nice) under their Benjamin brand.

I also have a Marauder Pistol (AKA Prod) and a Umarex Notos.
The Umarex Notos easily wins against the Benjamin pistol in terms of performance, build quality and price.
The only gppd thing for the Prod is the Crosman 5 year warranty and part availability.

Reactions: Perle