• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Out with the secret ladies

My cousin and I have same birthday so we make a small todo each year and head down to the my aunt's farm. This year I had my newly regged AT44 in .25 with me and I stopped by the store and grabbed a bag if grapes on the way. They have a fun 'pop' to em. Sometime after the hey how are ya's and settling in we headed out back to shoot. I lined up a handful of grapes on the seawall at around 35 yards from the back deck and got the table situated. As it normally is my aunt was the most enthusiastic and quickly shoo'ed me off the bench after I managed a few shots making sure zero was good. After she popped a couple grapes and finished off the mags it came time for a top off. Seeing how fun pumping was, she quickly left me to it and ran off to find other things to shoot. She came back with various fruits, an egg, and Angela and they proceeded to asplode all the random food items they set out. Then it was time for more pumping and as if by some magic they both needed drink refills and headed inside. 
I finished with the top off my aunt gave me permission to shoot my gun, how nice of her I though so too. I sat down and before I could bother to take aim she says "Ooh! See if you can hit that sign over there!" pointing across the lake. This lake is really a long irrigation lake that the local farmers dreged up and this was some no tresspassing sign or something on the far bank with a lovely au naturale mud backstop. I guessed it was about 120 yards, punched up chairgun got a 30" holdover, cool let's let it rip. I was excited as this was the first time I'd gotten to shoot this far. The wind was 5-10 back and fourth so I waited for it to lull and when the shot goes off and hits water even with the bank. So I started walking my shots up the bank to the sign hearing a satisfying tink of the t-post on the third or fourth and the thwack of the sign in a few more. Woohoo's all around. Turns out it was actually 165 yards out, about a 6ft holdover. 
My aunt sat down next grinning as I was telling her where to hold and on her second shot, there was the thwack. On in two trumps on in nine, just ask her, as she sure was happy to tell me. Next Angela sits down and I walk her through the holdover too and she nails it the first shot! My aunt grew up shooting so I expected her to hold her own, but this was the first time Angela had ever been around a gun of any sort and she out shot us all. I have read in several posts on different forums, stories of wives outshooting the lot of menfolk at the range and chalked it up as anecdotal at best, but now all in good fun, I wonder if women are just better shooters than men. My aunt said it was because women are abstract thinkers, but I'm pretty sure that was the vodka talking at that point. What do you think?