• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

One year experience airgunning getting second rifle !

I joined AGN April 2016 and introduced myself #84706 but haven't really posted much, although I look at this site often but not real big on writing. I shoot an FX T12 400 purchased used from an AGN member and have been very satisfied with it but it developed a small leak and I decided to get another rifle actually a bullpup instead of repairing my T 12 for now. I am keeping the T 12 as I am very happy with it and will repair it later so I can have a friend shoot with me. Now for the purpose of this post, to mix things up before I pull the trigger on an expensive airgun as I don't have a lot of spare money, I have been saving for this. I have two choices Daystate or FX, I want an old school Bobcat .25 cal 48 ft lbs or Daystate has a new Renegade HP a little more power 60 ft lbs. but the Bobcat has been around for several years and is reliable and proven accurate and trouble free. That means a lot to me as I don't have a lot of spare money remember. So will you reasure my FX Bobcat or maybe say something to make me think twice ? 
Thanks
Al

boy thats a tough one ,,you like the beefy bull pups ,,im an FX guy, and out of just those two would take the HP Renagade,Someday i will own a Renegade but feel theres better options out there imho,,Ihave seen this a bunch before ,should it be this one or this one,,,almost every time someone is talked out of there choices,, they rarely seem happy within a little time,, i can tell you what my heart wants next is a mutant or vulcan,,you must follow your heart and make the choice,,, sure your doing the right thing asking for info,,just remember its you that must be happy with the choice ,,GOOD LUCK PAT

Thank you Glem and Hynzi for your input, I wanted a Bobcat soon after I purchased my used T12-400 but I needed to experience an air gun and once bitten I definately got hooked. I like your comment about what the heart wants and the Bobcat is a durable platform that is trouble free. I pulled the trigger this morning on the phone with Brad at AOA and now the wait. I'm an old guy but I feel the excitement of a kid waiting for Christmass. I want to add that I have a 17 cal rifle I shoot at squirrels with also but only when the air rifle can't handle the wind or they are farther out than I like to send pellets. So the choice was made and you did help me so I thank you.
Al

Ok, I've had my Bobcat for a while now and I absolutely love it. Yes, it's big and maybe heavy but I rest it on something when I shoot and I still have my shoulder and arm strength, for an old guy ! Every time I go out to shoot it the wind picks up big time and that hinders my accuracy and figuring out a perfect shot curve. I like to mark the pellet path every five yards to be as accurate as I can. I had my T12 400 dialed in like that and I was very successful at hitting my targets. I know that in asking my original question of FX or Daystate there were different opinions and I had scrimped and saved for over a year to get up the money so it was a big deal for me. I am very happy with my choice and wouldn't change it even if I could. 
Thanks for listening
Al