One airgun, 2 barrels, 2 World Championship Medals!

.22cal gold medal 🥇 50 meters world championship

.177cal gold medal 🥇 25 meters national championship

.30cal bronze medal 🥉 90 meters national championship

all with a pretty standard looking BRK Ghost just needing a quick caliber change between matches!
What “Nation” for the national championship 25 and 90M medals? It wasn’t the USA.

Also, the .22 World 50M gold may kinda look pretty standard, but as described in previous posts by the shooter, it’s far from it…

I really like the Ghost and think it’s a great PCP, but let’s not pretend a “pretty standard” one won the 50M Worlds. I do know the .30 Ghost that won the TexTreme EFT GP in June was an almost stock Ghost with only a trigger job done to it.

Last edited:
@Centercut,

Let Fady and BRK enjoy their win.

Nobodies shooting OEM guns in competition.

You reference the .30 BRK shot at Textreme. That one was likely at least gently massaged by Derrick, unarguably one of the best tuners in the business.

Facts of the matter are that Fady and his BRK shot better than anybody else at that competition, and did so within the rules.

I'm not sure of the cause for the derision you like to cast towards winners of competitions that aren't you, but I've been in those bitter crosshair of yours myself and it's just poor sportsmanship.

Fady is an excellent shooter, and the gun was set up perfectly. He shot at EBR 2022 and came in 8th Pro (top Daystate was 3rd). His Ghost at the Worlds for the Unlimited Class had a non-stock 28-inch pellet barrel (stock is 23-inch). Not sure of the specifics, but Barb Pellegrino's Red .22 Ghost also had the 28-inch barrel, and her gun was used by the Iranians to do VERY well... But let's not pretend those guns were off the shelf... :cool:
WRABF World Championship 2023 was an opportunity to shoot with the BRK Ghost. Unfortunately, due to a technical problem, we could not use our rifle (RTI Prophet), Barbara and Lauren from Daystate Team provided us with their Ghost Rifle during the last hours of the training day. If we had more time, we would definitely get the necessary settings for the best accuracy. During our competition and relays, we were getting the necessary settings and shot test!!!
But it was a great airgun. I liked the function of loading and its trigger.

Gotcha... Same barrel as DW/AW, same magazines, etc. Same regulator. The 28 is probably an upgrade. Anything is available with the right amount of $$$. My good buddy and Teammate Tony @pesty3782 has a .30 Ghost with 23" barrel, and the accuracy is comparable to my .30 DW with 23" barrel. Our Teammate Derrick @zx10wall has a DW with 28" barrel and that one also has comparable accuracy but makes power more easily due to the extra length.
Also, the non-shroud, tensioning device and other "goodies" aren't off the shelf. ;)
Making changes to the rifle and equipment in benchrest shooting is normal. We need maximum accuracy. So even if we have a regular rifle, we change the settings of the rifle for our purpose

Hello, Wanted to add a couple of tidbits to the awesome information Centercut has given. Fady did add a sort of tensioner to the barrel. I have a message out to him to find out what that might have been. He does EXTENSIVE testing and he did find that he had better accuracy with no shroud and by connecting his Ronin moderator directly to the barrel. I also have a note out to him to find out which pellet he was using. Something to be noted that would not be known here… Fady took almost 10 minutes to shoot his first scoring shot on that first AMAZING card. He spent 10 minutes readjusting since the day before was rain, we now had sunshine and pressures were changing. He was very in tune to even the smallest changes in his shots! He also used a prototype front rest for unlimited and found it performed well.
A note on my Red Ghost that the Iranians used. When it was put in their hands, it was not tuned and not even sighted in. It does have the 28” barrel, but all else was untried. We gave them an approximate reg pressure and power wheel setting and off they went. To drop an unfamiliar, untuned gun into their hands and have them shoot so well says a lot about the shooter and the gun!
All that said, it was an AMAZING experience to be there!
Barbara P
Exactly!
The issue that our friend also mentioned, Fedy or other top shooters acted according to the rules of that competition and got good results.
Your rifle was great, but we go through a long process to use a rifle in benchrest competition. Based on our experience over the past few years in the 50m Unlimited class, I am sure that your rifle was highly capable.
For this, we need to find the best regulator pressure, the best velocity for the best pellet and test the full shot string of the rifle, and then test it on the target in the indoor and outdoor range to be completely sure of its performance. Testing of different pellet batch numbers is also necessary to match the barrel.
We had no time to do any part of this process. So we relied on own skills and experience, and we still think we got good results, but we could have done better.

Hi everyone
I am a member of Iran's team ,unfortunately I couldn't participate in this event due to some problems, my team mates in Iran's team A,used the brocock ghost,tanks to usa team ,as far as I know, the rifle is extremely potent, its monoblock chassis, huma regulator,valve system and specially the 28 inche barrel caught our teams attention,as Barbara mentioned above, with no training, no proper set up and tuning ,the rifle performed extremely well,I'm sure if we had worked on the rifle, the result would be much better, THE RIFLE IS CAPABLE OF WINNING MATCHES(and there is not whole lot of match winning capable guns out there😁)
, we had worked and tested extensively on rti arms prophet for 50 meter unlimited class and our rifle's performance was great,capable of repeatable 244-247 indoor, unfortunately we faced some issues, regarding the permissions necessary to bring our rifles to Czech republic, so rti send us bare action to pilsen, team A faced some technical issues regarding the barrel breech ,mehdi ,of team B ,managed to finish second won the silver ,in general we was out of luck 😁looking forward to future events

Congrats again Fady, looking forward to shooting with you at EBR again.

One question, I saw that the 3rd place shooter at 50M (Unlimited) shot slugs. Its apparent by your performance that pellets still can win, but do you think slugs will overtake pellets at 50M or 50Y BR in the next couple of years?
I know at 100Y it's a no brainer, slugs would dominate pellets if allowed.
Hi mate, in my humble experience, it depends on wind condition, nothing can beat pellet in calm or mild wind (in 50 meter matches),but in super windy conditions, (3 mps and higher )specially in open fields, slugs have the upper hand, I think slugs eventually will replace the pellets in competitions(in wrabf 50 unlimited class, slugs are allowed),but it takes time, in my opinion,airgun barrel making industry have the most important role ,perfect barrel genertes perfect results

I was talking about 3rd overall, the shooter from Italy, Brambilla Elio scored higher than USA 3rd Doug Miller. He was shooting European Championships but his score was still 3rd best, unless of course he shot in different relays? And he shot slugs...

View attachment 379611
its need to correct, Doug Miller from USA team won 3rd Place, he used Thomas BR HPX with polygon barrel and JSB 25.39 MRD, next place my friend Elio from Italy shoot with Altaros Slug 36gr and FX Panthera

Reactions: piffy
Fady is an excellent shooter, and the gun was set up perfectly. He shot at EBR 2022 and came in 8th Pro (top Daystate was 3rd). His Ghost at the Worlds for the Unlimited Class had a non-stock 28-inch pellet barrel (stock is 23-inch). Not sure of the specifics, but Barb Pellegrino's Red .22 Ghost also had the 28-inch barrel, and her gun was used by the Iranians to do VERY well... But let's not pretend those guns were off the shelf... :cool:

IMG_20230916_083542_469.jpg
IMG_20230916_083542_576.jpg
IMG_20230916_083542_453.jpg

@Centercut,

Let Fady and BRK enjoy their win.

Nobodies shooting OEM guns in competition.

You reference the .30 BRK shot at Textreme. That one was likely at least gently massaged by Derrick, unarguably one of the best tuners in the business.

Facts of the matter are that Fady and his BRK shot better than anybody else at that competition, and did so within the rules.

I'm not sure of the cause for the derision you like to cast towards winners of competitions that aren't you, but I've been in those bitter crosshair of yours myself and it's just poor sportsmanship.
Big like 👍🏻

What “Nation” for the national championship 25 and 90M medals? It wasn’t the USA.

Also, the .22 World 50M gold may kinda look pretty standard, but as described in previous posts by the shooter, it’s far from it…

I really like the Ghost and think it’s a great PCP, but let’s not pretend a “pretty standard” one won the 50M Worlds. I do know the .30 Ghost that won the TexTreme EFT GP in June was an almost stock Ghost with only a trigger job done to it.
25 meters and 90 meters were during the Lebanese national championships,
This particular championship is so strong with a great shooters also, two of these shooters competed in EBR 2023 grabed 4 podiums. Plus during the 75 yards qualification these same two shooters came first and second among all the EBR shooters participants, I think it’s clear enough.
NB : in EBR 2022 in 75 yards qualification, i ended first among all the shooters with a 476/500 ( it was a US record for 75 yards

Last edited:
25 meters and 90 meters were during the Lebanese national championships,
This particular championship is so strong with a great shooters also, two of these shooters competed in EBR 2023 grabed 4 podiums. Plus during the 75 yards qualification these same two shooters came first and second among all the EBR shooters participants, I think it’s clear enough.
NB : in EBR 2022 in 75 yards qualification, i ended first among all the shooters with a 476/500 ( it was a US record for 75 yards
You have some truly exceptional Benchrest shooters in your country. We’re all happy that you and Ziad come to the USA to compete in EBR. For you, finishing 8th in 2022 and 2nd in 2023 in the main event (100Y Benchrest) was impressive!
The two 75 yards are just qualifiers and shot in different relays under different conditions. 75Y scores can only be compared to the other shooters in the same relay.

Last edited: