• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

On the ground in Texas…

After long talking about it, I am back on USA soil here in Austin, Texas. I got in yesterday evening, and it was an interesting trip from Amsterdam to Austin, especially through the Amsterdam airport. Lol How you get through security like that I don’t know, and yes, I took the photo.

No air guns with me, but back in USA and job prospects looking well. For the next bit I am staying with a close friend here in Austin while I get settled.

I will work on getting my Taipan Vet Compact sent down. Then work on finding some permissions.

633D170A-7F9B-48CA-91A9-8E4CF1905995.1626609057.jpeg

Welcome back, if you get your hunting license get the public land access permit. Im down in SA and it gets me access to 2 500 acre lots for dove in south Bexar county. You can shot rabbits during dove season on the property. Not sure what's up in ATX but im sure there are a few properties in the area. 

If your in SA try Pollo Asados on Rigsby. Burnt Ends was awesome but closed, 2M BBQ is good for brisket here. Alamo airguns has a big selection of pcps and pellets. Rudy, the owner, is a nice guy and very helpful.

Thanks I have an old colleague that recommended that bbq place too, he said it is one of the best in Austin. Also, to go the day before by 7 am to put your order in for the next day.

@l.leon thanks, not sure how long I will be here because the companies I am interviewing with aren’t based here.

Thanks for the local information, as I said I am not sure how long I will be here in the Austin area. My guns are up in Idaho and hesitant about moving stuff twice. Air rifles easy to move, the firearms require a road trip to Idaho, and I want to see where I end up before I do the later. However, I might have my buddy ship my Taipan Vet Compact down at least for some shooting practice.

Thanks….I will give it a look. i also want to go to Franklins.

once you settle down at your own house just get a ceramic egg smoker and you can blow most bbq joints out of water in a hurry! I have zero desire to try yet another famous BBQ place, most places have descent BBQ sauce and sh!t smoked meat. Franklin is probably the only exception because they don’t do sauce so they are legit, but I can still do just about the same if not better without flying to Texas.