• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Omega Turbo Charger 4500

Luck is a relative term and by your "GOOD LUCK," in caps I see you are not a fan, and in a back door approach telling me not a smart buy. I have used Omega compressors for a very long time and never had any problems what-so-ever. My last omega (super charger) has about 1800 hours and runs great to this day.

Be thankful. I didn't have quite the luck you have since new. Thats a fact!

Then again I ONLY bought ONE so mine may be an isolated incident and others perhaps aren't being truthful about their similar misfortune including one who recently sold his as-is for $500 after it failed just passed warranty. 

2 out of 5 of my FX IMPACTS leak.

I'm probably not as lucky as you.

I've had a turbo charger for several years now and it's been trouble free.

I would definitely buy it again if I had to do it over again.

I bought a super charger really cheap from a guy who was having issues with it... he gave it to much grease thinking if a little was good more was better.

I took it apart and cleaned it and it works perfectly, I gave it to a friend as a present 

Reactions: Wauzoo
I have this unit. I use to fill tanks for off road use. Impact wrenches, air tools, etc.
However, I have a small shop and I run a laser engraver that requires air assist running at 30 psi. I have a very loud little compressor that is constantly running.
Can this unit be used as a replacement for that small compressor? I would like to use it as a "Constant Air Flow" compressor when using this laser.
It sits idle for very long durations so thinking of a way to put it to use in a different manner.

Is this possible?

These air gun compressors are HPA or hi pressure air, like 4500 PSI. I don't think it would be very well suited for 30 psi type work. Just my opinion, it would probably not last too long running continuously. They are designed for very high pressure relatively quickly. And monitor the head temperature often and let rest when getting hot to the touch.
Thx
Dan

I have this unit. I use to fill tanks for off road use. Impact wrenches, air tools, etc.
However, I have a small shop and I run a laser engraver that requires air assist running at 30 psi. I have a very loud little compressor that is constantly running.
Can this unit be used as a replacement for that small compressor? I would like to use it as a "Constant Air Flow" compressor when using this laser.
It sits idle for very long durations so thinking of a way to put it to use in a different manner.

Is this possible?
These air gun compressors are HPA or hi pressure air, like 4500 PSI. I don't think it would be very well suited for 30 psi type work. Just my opinion, it would probably not last too long running continuously. They are designed for very high pressure relatively quickly. And monitor the head temperature often and let rest when getting hot to the touch.
Thx
Dan
Yeah, I'd agree with XSU...these things are notorious for crapping out (which is one of the main reasons I hesitated for so long before jumping in and buying one myself). Running one continuously is just asking for early death I think...there has to be better solutions out there.

Reactions: 22KRTremor