• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Omega Supercharger advice to AGN members

For those of you that own an Omega Supercharger, when it loses compression, don’t do what I did (I always believe I can fix anything), waste $60 on a seal kit and three weeks screwing with all of those little tiny seals, check valves, and springs.

Just do what I finally did, pull the piston/cylinder assembly out of it and send it to Todd Brown. He will rebuild it to perfection and send it back for $100. 

My compressor is now running more smoothly and quieter than when it was new!

Thanks, Todd!

The cost to repair may be more than the cheaper expendable compressors but the condensation purge feature itself means a lot to me.

This was my third failure in only 86 hours of use over 4 years. The first was a water pump, about $40 for the pump, and the second was a new burst disc assembly, about another $40, and then $160 this time around. In every case I did the work myself except for the internal piston and head rebuild, saving labor and freight costs. I don’t think the unit is what expected in terms of either durability or fill time when I ordered it, either.

Im glad that I seen this post. I just picked one up last week. I did get the newer model and from what I understand there have been a few changes. I hope to get a long life out of it for the price, but this is high pressure and things can go south rather quickly. I hope it lasts longer then my YH. got a whole 5 hours on that before it started having issues.