• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Omega Compressor

I encountered a High Pressure Stage O Ring failure on the Omega. So the unit is going through a rebuild of the compressor section with a little over 40 hours. The Burst Disc popped at 3000 psi. Removed the threaded section, pulled the burst disc and discovered particles of a rubber O Ring. Pulled the entire threaded plug and removed more particles of rubber from the pop it / spring valve. Got in touch with Todd from Raptor / Omega, the rep, and discussed it with him. I am shipping the entire top half of the Compressor and Piston assembly to them for review and overhaul. Todd was really good to work with and wants me up and running as quick as possible.
On another note I researched and purchased the lubricating grease necessary for the Omega from Rice Oil of Akron Ohio. I called and was pleasantly surprised with the service to get a couple of 16 oz. tubes shipped to the house. Way more than I needed and expensive but as with anything dealing with this sport I tend to Over Do It.
Ok so they can get the Renewable Lubricants EP High Temp NGLI # 0 in 8oz. for about 25 bucks and 16oz for 50 bucks a tube plus shipping. Takes a few days to have it placed in these small quantities as normally there is like a 35lb bucket. (If it tasted like Nutella or Peanut Butter well maybe for the prepper in you but way too much for me).
I am tearing into the Omega today and shipping tomorrow for repair (Watch the you tube video for the tear down....That is Todd Deorio in the Vid)
Will post anything that I find as I go forward. I hope the source for the Lube helps the rest of you looking for this stuff.
By the way I have found this unit to be top notch as well as the AOA support to lead me to where I needed to go. The Lube was totally a web search on my behalf and a few phone calls. Also I am thinking of moving up to a larger compressor and a few tanks since the Fire House has cut me off due to insurance and safety reasons. Not that I need a bigger compressor but still have the scuba gear in the corner and it would make sense to do both and save the trips to the scuba shop for breathable air. 

[moderator edit] – post moved to Manufacturer Feedback

As a follow up to my post on the Omega. I received the rebuilt Piston Assembly 2 days ago and installed yesterday. Todd Deorio has been extremely accommodating and answered all my texts within a very short time. I can not say enough for the support from AOA.
The install took an hour or so and went well. However, do to some issues of my own, being a little heavy handed when replacing the cover I snagged the water pump line and snapped off the intake barb. Cursing followed for a short time. The good news is Todd came through again (still within warranty) and has sent me a new water pump. I made the effort to reattach the barb and was successful with super glue followed by Gorilla water activated glue and an overnight set time just to make sure. It is working but really don't have a fuzzy feeling walking away from the unit while filling my 97 cu / ft bottle. I will replace with the new pump when it arrives. The cooling system is a free flow closed circuit through the piston head to a fan radiator and back to reservoir. Appears to be unpressurized so that is a plus. You must remember to use just 1 oz of antifreeze and about the same of the Royal Purple enhancer to TAP WATER. Do not use distiller water.
The test run went well with no water or air leaks. I used a gradual pressure build to several lower values for break in and pressure line leakage checks. Looked good so went for a fill from 200 bar in my tank to 300 bar. The unit took about an hour and 48 minutes but it seemed longer since I sat there staring at it while it ran to make sure no Gremlins were hiding in the unit. Very satisfied and back to filling the rifles.
I hope this helps those that have one of these. I can not express the amount of great customer service I received from AOA and Todd. Just great service and short turn around.

As a correction the actual fill took 48 minutes on the tank. The extra hour was prep and breaking in time on the unit. The start pressure of the tank was just under 2900 psi or about 200 bar. I took the tank to 300 bar because with old man eyes those big numbers standout. Looking for the fine setting of 4500 psi requires the readers and they were all smeared up with that NGLI # 0 grease from my nitride gloves and filling the grease port.
In working with this Omega / Raptor unit the manual is of little data content. You can get most of your information from the Omega You Tube videos available for an overhaul. Watch them all. Also Todd at AOA can be very helpful and informative should you have any problems with your unit. Texting him worked best.

Reactions: Ted