• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Old BSA meteor

My mate bought the 22 cal meteor some 30 years ago I think for his son to shoot the pigeons and top notch pidgeons in his feed sheds. My mate still has it but it has no front and rear sights on it and he replaced the old leather seal some years back with some leather off an old saddle. Still has the original spring I recall. Still knocks them pidgeons down.

Gary

My mate in UK loves his Mk1 in .22. So I found a nice one here as well. Not easy! Neat little gun similar to a Diana 27 in style, size, and power. Mk1 Meteor stock is a little nicer to my eye with a neat row of grooves down the forearm. Like early Webley Mk3's have. Nicer color to the wood than a Diana 27. Came out in 1959. Bastard 15.5mm dovetails😕. The .22 offers a satisfying whap when shooting cans, etc. at this power level. The Mk2's are ok too. Quality of Meteors went down hill throughout the 70's. Painted instead of blued action😬. I don't know anything about the modern BSA barreled Gamo. Probably more power. 

Got an older Meteor. Tiny little thing. I had a difficult time finding a pellet it liked and the twang was annoying. I ended up tearing it down and replacing the spring and doing a home tune on it. I cant recall now what spring I used. Velocity is right at 690fps with mine and it's a nice shot cycle now. Found that JSB Express pellets performed best out of mine after I worked on it. 

1593273066_19617663695ef76aeae2f412.47750339.JPG