• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Oh Obie won kenobees can you help me?

HI folks,
I just got a hw97 in wood and she is sweet.
my questions are this
how many pellets do you go thru to break it in?
I have to tighten up my two piece beeman mount each time on the back mount is that normal?
I also tightened the two screws on the trigger guard ,don't want to tighten it too much ,but I think those screws just hold the guard the two forward screws seemed tight am I missing a screw to tight
i must have a least 200 pellets is that enough to break it in,on accuracy at fifty yards I can get groups with in two inches ,sometimes not is that normal-and now the last question.
i am aware of the artillery hold does any one wear a glove holding the forward grip ,because some times I think the gun does not slide back unencombered when it just my hand as opposed to a glove
thanks in advance
Ps this is the first springer I have owned so I lack experience as well as good looks!

Usually a tin or two will settle your new gun. As far as the stock screws coming loose you may want to degrease and use some removable thread locker to keep them tight. You are right not to overtighten them, just past snug should be good. The forward screw on the trigger guard does hold the action into the stock, the rear one goes into the trigger block. If your scope mounts are getting loose it will destroy your accuracy, try loctiting the screws (use the blue removable formula). If you still have problems get a 1 piece mount with a stop pin, that will help prevent the scope from sliding back from recoil. 2" groups at 50 yards is doing pretty well In my opinion for a new shooter! The gun can do better than 2" at 50 yards-BUT it takes an experienced shooter to get consistent accuracy out that far with a springer, so keep at it!
HW springers are great guns, congrats on your new shooter!
John

My advice on shooting technique is find a hold that shows promisebut is NATURAL to you . An overly complicated hold is almost impossible to duplicate shot to shot. Hold your gun like you do with your tooth brush without over thinking it . I agree with couple tins of pellets . Most I've owned took over 400 pellets to settle in nice. While it's breaking in don't get overly concerned with flyers , just try to duplicate how you execute the shots . I have a buddy with more knowledge about shooting than I ever will ....Problem is he can't hit the back seat of a car sitting on the arm rest .. He over thinks it too much , and when he shoots he looks like he is having to touch another guys cock ....Uncomfortable to say the least . He says I look like I'm about to drool on my stock , like I'm half asleep. Lol

Reactions: bloodysafety