Official Show Them Off Thread

Thanks Jimmy, the Webley was made around 1935.

The Sheridans were all pretty much acquired in working condition or close to it. I'm fortunate to live close to one of the best guys around for working on old Sheridans. He has been able to help me with a few problems and give good advice on how to keep them working well. The A's were made between 1947/48 and the B 1948/49.

I work on the spring guns myself. I can change springs and seals as needed.

The FWB 603 has had no issues yet.

The USFT is the easiest to work on. I've got a bunch of different barrels and tubes for it. I'm not really fixing anything on it, just changing the configuration.

Thanks, The Tyrol was offered in the Beeman catalog for several years, so it's one of maybe 25 that Beeman sold. The 25 number comes from the Gaylord R1 book. I havent seen many, but I have no idea how accurate that number is.

Here is a great site for all things Sheridan. If you look at the registry, you'll see who really has most of them.

http://ujays.net/sheridan.html

Here's my humble collection so far;
Crosman model 160 Pellgun, variant one, 1955-56 .22 with Optima 3-9x32 duplex reticle scope on Ron Robinson mounts;
IMG_0251.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Hatsan Striker 1000x .22 with Hammers 3-9x32AO standard mildot scope;
IMG_0247.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
And Winchester 1400cs .177 magnum with factory 3-9x32 duplex reticle scope;
IMG_0254.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
The rest of my guns are powder burners, some quite old.

I just want to know one thing, I have just looked through 10 pages of beautiful air guns but can not see one scratch, ding, worn blue spot or even a tiny rust spot on any of them. I just went and looked at a couple of mine. My old R1 (bought in 1983) is dinged, scratched, has the blue worn off the muzzle from cocking it. Yes there is even a little spot of rust where I handle it. Many are quoting that they have shot a large number of pellets through them. What is your secret? How do you keep them that clean and shiney? Inquiring minds want to know!

"6PtStar"I just want to know one thing, I have just looked through 10 pages of beautiful air guns but can not see one scratch, ding, worn blue spot or even a tiny rust spot on any of them. I just went and looked at a couple of mine. My old R1 (bought in 1983) is dinged, scratched, has the blue worn off the muzzle from cocking it. Yes there is even a little spot of rust where I handle it. Many are quoting that they have shot a large number of pellets through them. What is your secret? How do you keep them that clean and shiney? Inquiring minds want to know!
The first step, wipe down our rifle/pistol with an oiled rag before putting it away. Every time you use it. Every time.

I do wipe them down on a regular basis. The little rust spot is so small you would have to look very hard to find it. The things I really notice are the scratches and dings in the wood stock from resting on a fence post or around the edge of the storage building also the worn blue that is now silver where I grip the barrel to cock it......no rust. I thought about refinishing the stock but the grain under the finish looks a lot like an old pine 2 X 4. Maybe the wood is better now. I think I could refinish it and it still would not look good.