• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Official "My WildCat Arrived!!!" Thread. :)

Shot about 200 rounds with my Wildcat that arrived today. Here are my no-holds-barred comments...

Before we begin. I got the case. I would get it again, but be forewarned -- it barely fits (vertically) the wildcat with a modest scope. I have a bugbuster.

First. The gun is as accurate as you would expect. Several times I shot a new target at 50 yards and had to immediately walk to the target in disbelief. I had shot the bullseye on a 25 foot NRA target (about (1/4'). This happened multiple times.

Second. The magazine system works well, but is probably the weakest part of the gun. It may not be as foolproof as the Bobcat magazine which is self propelled in terms of rotation (but perhaps a person with a Bobcat could comment on this). I found that you need to seat the magazine, click it backward to a proper registration mark, and then move the bolt forward. The bolt requires that you firmly and deliberately move it in both directions. I am not complaining here, but there are complications with registration in a system where the bolt advances the magazine. With practice I think it will be less of an issue. But be deliberate in how you move the bolt.

Third. My wildcat as it came from AoA had one muzzle break screwed to the nozzle, not five like Ted had in the video he posted earlier. I guess you can add more (which I did not pay for), but my point here is that that the .22 does have a pretty substantial crack with the one muzzle break supplied. I will probably be adding a moderator of some kind to keep from drawing the attention of my neighbors.

Fourth, the magazine does a fair but not extraordinary job of keeping the pellets in place. It has an O-ring band that is designed to capture the pellet as it is placed in the magazine. I found that once the pellets were loaded, some pellets tended to move forward, and others moved backward if you had them in your pocket. This is only an issue if one of the pellets comes beyond the forward or back face of the magazine which can cause a jamb once the magazine is placed in the gun. I had not been closely monitoring this, and I placed a new magazine in the gun without checking. In short, the gun locked up such that I could not close the breach or rotate the magazine to clear the jamb. In fact I could not even remove the magazine -- it was stuck. In all honestly this only took about 30 seconds of fiddling until the matter was resolved, but I made a note to check the magazines to see if the pellets were flush prior to seating the magazine again.

Finally, the fit and finish of the gun is excellent and it does have a cheek rest which is not shown in pictures on the gun's left side. With a normal cheek mould by eye was aimed straight down the sight. Excellent.

One small tweak -- my gun's stock is not completely secure to the action -- as I can feel the action move a bit as I move the gun from horizontal to vertical. The Bobcat had a snugging screw on the forestock that may have addressed this issue -- the Wildcat does not. I think some double sided tape or the fuzzy side of velcro under the air tank will easily solve this problem. This problem does not concern me.

Overall, I am very happy. As with any gun there are some minor issues that you have to get used to. But I think that the Wildcat is a winner, and I cannot wait for my next shooting session.

The trigger is every bit as good as Ted says it is. Mine is very light. One pound or less. Adjustable of course.

Reactions: supermigs
"AV8OR2"Ok, so this might not be the "proper" place to ask this question but since the new WildCat owners seem to be hanging out here ....
I know the Wildcat is "regulated" ... my question is does anyone know what (psi or bar) it is regulated to or when does the accuracy start to fall off?
We've kind of got two threads going. Here's a link to my post with chrony #'s that might answer your question - http://airgunnation.dev/topic/a-review-of-the-25-fx-wildcat/page/2/?view=all#post-13956

Just received my .22 Wildcat. It's UK specced, so unfortunately not at the power levels the US guys are used to.
It's an extremely light rifle - so with the (heavy) Falcon scope [4-14x44 - mil/mil] it has a nice overall weight. 
Now to figure out how to mount a bipod on the rifle. The shortish front end makes it a challenge; but I'm sure somebody will come up with a solution.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133983509@N08/shares/s9n9NM

Just got mine and bipod was first on my list ,the group in my avatar is the first five shot group with this gun at 50yds.
6a917cf019682f7e7ec9d9b10d021dd0_zpsm5onqgeq.jpg

"krasiml"
"P.Shooter71"I'm hoping to see some more reviews and possibly some videos .
+1

I'm waiting to post a more comprehensive review until I can shoot at a longer distance and with a chronograph so that I have some hard numbers to include. But for now I'll tell you what happened last night. I had two friends over to watch the NBA finals. As you may guess, most NBA basketball fans aren't big into guns. And these guys were no exception. They know nothing about guns. However, both guys were able to hit a paintball on a golf tee at 20 to 25 yards and on their first try. They shot at some paper targets before the paintballs and both hit bullseye or close to it. No, that distance is nothing impressive but what i'm taking from this is it's an easy gun to shoot well. 

The fit and finish is outstanding. Both the metal parts and the composite stock have a unique look to them. The metal, in the right light, has sort of a "diagonal grain" to it (if that makes any sense). The composite has almost a "metal flake" look to it. Both are very smudge resistant and don't show finger prints. That's nice. And unique looking. When you drop $1,300 on a gun it's nice to get something that not only looks different and nice but also functions well, and those finishes do. 

What impressed me the most was how quiet the .25 caliber is. I didn't expect that at all and it is absolutely whisper quiet. I'm basing this on comparing it to a FX Whisper .25 I just sold and compared to a Marauder .25 that my neighbor owns. The Wildcat .25 is dramatically quieter than either of those. The pellet hitting the target is louder than the gun. It's a really nice bonus that I wasn't expecting.

I probably have 300 - 350 rounds through it and one time did it not function properly. I was operating the action and the magazine popped out. Just happened once. I picked it up, put it back in and it worked fine. I wasn't paying attention to how hard I worked the action, maybe I did it too hard? But I will pay attention more now. I've probably shot 100 since then and it hasn't happened again. I like the new magazine style and hope it works well in the long run, time will tell. it sure loads easy.

So far I love it and am very impressed by it. I think FX has a real winner in the Wildcat. It's making me want to get a scuba tank because I'm shooting this way more and I'm getting tired of pumping! .....never thought i'd say that.