• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Odoyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
He moved over to the GTA forums and has been giving those guys an earful here lately. He needed a fresh audience I guess. 

Also been on the Yellow under a new alias. Which is mind boggling considering what went down over there years back. 

Meanwhile, the biggest trouble maker from the GTA ended up here not long ago. Nice trade, lol. 

Guess it's good we all have a few options for forums these days. 

Maybe he got bored? Hope he comes back. Like @JPS2485 said many people still bashes what he says even after time and time again he is proven correct again and again........and again!. He is absolutely invaluable member of this community and hope some newbie’s mouth won’t run him off.

But you present him with proof that he is NOT correct, or call him out on exaggerations and he vanishes. 

The newbies are what keeps him afloat. They don't know the old Odoyle, before AGN, and the history he had then. 

Be careful of the information you soak in, it's all free and worth what you pay for it. 

Maybe he got bored? Hope he comes back. Like @JPS2485 said many people still bashes what he says even after time and time again he is proven correct again and again........and again!. He is absolutely invaluable member of this community and hope some newbie’s mouth won’t run him off.

But you present him with proof that he is NOT correct, or call him out on exaggerations and he vanishes. 

The newbies are what keeps him afloat. They don't know the old Odoyle, before AGN, and the history he had then. 

Be careful of the information you soak in, it's all free and worth what you pay for it.

My first experience with him was as user name YO, here on AGN

There was a history prior to that?

Do tell !

And what user name is he under currently on The Yellow (Airgun Warriors)?

All in all, I've never considered him to be big trouble, or grossly misleading

Even in his misbehaving YO period..

FWIW

I'm not into bashing

Simply curious

Ed

Spoke with him extensively very recently. He's on a mountain top in Tibet meditating & cogitating on the spiritual state of affairs in the airgun world. Oooom, brother! May peace & tranquility find you.

Ha! Maybe he's somewhere actually SHOOTING all those airguns he owns…?

C'cut, told you, he's not shooting them, just CONTEMPLATING them! I AM ONE WITH MY TRANSFER PORT!

Odoyle presents his opinion based on his experiences, just like most of us do. I could criticize the famous one-eyed scope expert the same way too . I don’t always agree with him, but he is a valuable source of info on products that I don’t have available to evaluate myself. I hear way too many stupid opinions voiced by many people on this forum and take them with a grain of salt. If you don’t like Odoyle’s posts , don’t read them.

Remember too good to be true ain't no guru, is the britches too tight causing the head to get even larger,wait a minute I was thinking of the movie," The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes".....Where did the masked man go,darn that was the Lone Ranger......yea I am a old and luscious potato head running from the masher.Which makes about as much sense as all the above.

Used to have a guy like that on duckhuntinghcat forum that just replied to every post he could, shared some good info and a lot of "where the heck did you pull that idea from?". He died a few years back but for a while I wondered if it was the same person.. Similarly on WalleyeCentral fishing forum there is a guy REW that makes 75-100 posts a day just throwing a weird opinion or idea into every single post that is shared, again for every good helpful info there's 20 to sometimes 100 posts that just leave you thinking "is he posting just to keep his nose pickers busy?". REW is still around, any chance Odoyle fishes? 

I feel O'doyle truly is one of the good guys. If you listen and read between the lines a little I feel he has overcome a lot of stuff in his life, and maybe bested some of those "other" people. At 1st I had some difficulty accepting his posts, but I just kept my mouth shut and read some of his stuff. He's helped some guys and given info to help with non functioning guns. So I keep my pea shooter in the closet when it comes to comments. Everyone needs a break for a while and a reason. Just like Hold over Ted. I just watch his old vids and wait to see when he returns. I BELIEVE YOU GOTTA TAKE CARE OF THE GOOD PEOPLE. Cause no one else does. Look what was done for BigRagu. Just a little care goes a long way. And don't forget how BigRagu helped the people who's guns were stolen. Wonder where this post will end up at.

It is true that he seemed to have a good working knowledge of air guns and a good supply of his own. It was once said that we would be surprised to know who he actually is and I am sure that a member here or two actually know.

It seemed that he liked to post like a full auto air rifle. It would be easier if there was an automatic consolidation feature that would gather the posts that were within seconds or minutes of each other on the same topic and bunched them into one, easy to read, novel.😊

What do you mean “ who he actually is” ? Can we guess? Apparently he must be some one we would all know by his real name? Hummm. Well he’s into music , movies and pretty woman. Has lots of money and lots of time on his hands apparently. Seems to like controversy. This could be the AGN version of The Masked Singer I know who it is. It’s Katlin Jenner . LOL 

He’s probably tired of getting beat up. I read a tread yesterday where a guy was complaining maybe he got sold a bogus item from a vendor, and O’Doyle offered input to ASSIST, and it’s as if the OP was a waiting with guns loaded for O’Doyle to appear, and he just cut O’Doyle right at the knees with accusations of bringing nothing to the table. O Doyle, from what I see, not only assists you for in the moment, but also looks far enough ahead and cautions you for future problems. Perfect example is to make sure and get “this at that place and get the extended warranty”. You guys all know what “that” is and where to buy “that” for the warranty, I don’t need to say. 

Think about the person in your life, wether it be the family member, neighbor, co worker, whoever, that’s always immediately in your face to lend a hand. It’s as if they were hiding right around the corner,waiting for you to fall on your face, lol, and they are quick to stick their hand out and pull you out of the trenches. Yeah, you may get annoyed, but when the days come and gone, who else had your back that day? Are they perfect? Of course not. But you have to learn to pick and choose the good over the nuances.

I think some folks get annoyed too easily because deep down they feel stupid that “they didn’t think of it first”, as some of the stuff O’Doyle presents are no brainer, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.