• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nuisance Spell and Grammar Check

This is a subject near and dear to my heart, as I am an adjunct professor at a large university. The level of work turned in is disheartening to say the least.
After going to work with my red pen, I was instructed by the powers that be, to stop nitpicking my students and be happy that they did any work at all.
Disheartening to say the least.
If you have not seen the movie, "Idiocracy", I recommend it. It is both entertaining and prophetic I fear.
Cheers to all.

Doc

There is nothing wrong with checking your own spelling. Spell check helps sometimes but it doesn't know what you want to say. It's funny to read post that you know the person hasn't read what he has typed. I think this happens to people that type faster than I can which is slow. I do re read what I say and I still make mistakes.
I'm the guy that hits post and then proofreads. The edit function is my best friend. :ROFLMAO:

This is a subject near and dear to my heart, as I am an adjunct professor at a large university. The level of work turned in is disheartening to say the least.
After going to work with my red pen, I was instructed by the powers that be, to stop nitpicking my students and be happy that they did any work at all.
Disheartening to say the least.
If you have not seen the movie, "Idiocracy", I recommend it. It is both entertaining and prophetic I fear.
Cheers to all.

Doc
Crazy to think the guy who made Beavis and Butthead would predict the future.

Sorry you've been handcuffed at your job. Guess all the participant awards really worked out.

Reactions: Doc C.