• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Now you can use your Chrongraph at night outside ! Light set up thatt is cheap!!

I am not sure if I am repeating a post from before my time here, but this is the bomb for people that come home after dark. They will still be able to to check their guns on the chrony. I took the cheap Harbour freight oval lights and just simply taped them on the sun shade for bright day,s when I am under my deck or covered shooting bench. The chrony is shaded until later in the morn in winter and I don't get any shots registering. This solved that. I know someone else must have thought of this before.

However, I just took it outside in the pitch black to try and chrony an old gun I am getting ready to sell. This works unbelievably well!! Not one error read...And it looks cool to the neighbors driving by...LOL

Without a flash on this pic
Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

With the flashUploaded at Snapagogo.com

Interesting Bill, I will try that with a PCP and see the results. Since they work monitoring the speed of the shadow crossing the sensors it may react differently.

Did not think it would make a difference with high brightness lights...we'll see and I will post back here. In fact I will get the night test rt now....Thanks for the info

I use similar LED puck lights from Lowes. I used wide velcro strips to attach them so I can easily take them on and off for storing the Chrony in its box. On the high setting the lights work really well. Just have to make sure the lights are on before turning the Chrony on. Not sure why, but it doesn't like it when you turn the Chrony on before the lights. I've tested it in the dark as well and it works just as well dark or light. 

Hey Fellows, Do your readings accurately compare when outside in normal light and using your light setup? I bought a couple LED lights and mounted them only to find my gun was shooting 30 fps faster with the lights then outside on a cloudy day.

I discovered I could increase and decrease my speed by slightly moving lights back and forth!!

I finally mounted a plywood over my crono and cut narrow strips into the wood directly over the sensors, then I glued the lights to the top, only allowing a narrow strip of light to shine straight down on the sensors, only then were my outside readings and my indoor LED lights readings consistent? 

Have any of you guys experienced anything like me?
Input greatly appreciated!