• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

NorCal Shooting range/clubs?

"0akhonor"Warren is being humble- he showed up at the Diablo match and knocked down one more target than I did, with my gun !

Here's the skinny on what I know for the Bay Area- United Sportsman is a range co- owned by 5 clubs. One of those clubs, Diablo, has a vibrant air gun community. It's not just for members, but like American Express, membership has it's privileges. The powder burner range is temporarily closed to the public. It's been two years of temporary. The members range has only been of use to air gunners these past two years, but will shortly offer .22 rimfire as well, for all 5 clubs. Shotgun- skeet, trap and 5 stand, are open, so if you go both ways....

Diablo is easy to join via online registration, and I think, affordable. USI requires you to sign a free liability waiver, member or not. Sign up on line, search USI liability waiver.Diablo boast free tank refills for members at most events. There is also a club airtank to use while competing. Our 10 meter event is hoot- run what you brung, 22 cal and under, scope, iron or red dot. Please don't bring your 30 ft lb elephant gun, it's only 10 meters to the target.

Silhouette, field target, all under 20 ft lbs, .22 cal and under.- events posted on the online Diablo calendar, guests welcome, but members save some dough. It must be fun because SKohl comes out and schools us periodically.
Field target ( check the GTA FT link) is also once a month in Sacramento and/or Dixon. Both Dixon and Sacramento allow Airguns at the powder burner range, but PB's can be punishing (loud and hot brass) and not all RSO's understand pcp's and refilling.
Morro Bay, Temecula host FT events as well- the opportunities are out there.... Don't forget, the indoor pistol ranges at Guns, fishing and more are great places for pistol shooting as well.

Thanks again for letting me shoot your goodies and well performing tin of pellets. 

A few parts are starting to show up for my small 1720T build, still indecisive on what type of long gun I want to put together. Probably will decide after I get back from Formula 1 in Asia. 

Hi MD
You're in luck, the Diablo Rod and Gun club has exactly what you are looking for. Field Target, Silhouette, and Wednesday morning fun shoots. Starting in January, we have a fun 10 meter indoor match, twice a month on a Friday night.
Here's the calendar- https://diablorodandgun.com/calendar/
We ask only that you sign the Liability waiver online, and take a brief 5 minute safety update at the club house the first time you arrive. You'll be issued a Blue card, at no charge.
http://unitedsportsmen.com/waiver/
I"m the airgun Director for the Club, love to have you come by...

I'm a SF Southbay airgun owner, and am pretty new to airgunning, but jumped in with both feet. Doesn't seem to be any air rifle clubs In the San Jose/Santa Clara area. 
I've only been to the range once so far, and went to Los Altos Rod and Gun Club. I shot at the 50 yard range with a father and young son shooting a Ruger 10-22 next to me, and some college age kids shooting a Beowulf .50 monster next to them.
I had the best groups with my FX impact .25. (This thing is way more accurate than I am.)
Not sure if the kids with the Beowulf even hit paper, but they were sure having fun! 
Everyone seemed pretty fascinated with the air rifle.
Fun times, I'll be going back.