• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

No more PayPal for me (updated policy allows $2500 seizure)

I will keep this brief to avoid political commentary -- you can use a search engine and find the details on your own. But I will say the policy is totally at PayPal's discretion, and if they don't like what you have to say or what you believe, whether that be in real life, on any forum, social media etc., they can "sanction" you. AKA stealing your money.

PayPal has been doing this for ages, freezing accounts and seizing funds, but now it's pretty much official policy.

I am deleting my PayPal account and won't use it as an option for purchase/sale here any longer. I found out recently that the Zelle app works very well and can be set up in a couple minutes. Money right to your bank account, not some PayPal purgatory.
Good Luck with Zelle no way ever never never

Started deletion timer today. Let's see if they let me.

Gunna make trading on here a PITA, but whatever.
I like Cash App and Venmo I use it to send Family money. Is that an option in here???

I just Closed my Paypal Account it closed instantly... Done with them creeps. I can't remember the last time I used it really... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: darylm
Venmo is a PP subsidiary. Jack Dorsey can pound sand (cash app.)
Oh well I'm still using them. Have no idea who Jack is and don't care. All business suck and mostly bed wetting dem o not ran anyway. LOL

They both have worked well for me. I just would not link you everyday checking with them. Like we use Navy Federal and I opened a separate account at another sperate bank to use with them too. You want no ties...

I don't think there is alot of choices out there and Zelle is a big NO NO. I have listened to Clark Howard for a long time and meet him a few times. He changed my life a long time ago. He does not BS people. If Zelle is a no on his list it's a no on mine.

:)

Last edited:
Oh well I'm still using them. Have no idea who Jack is and don't care. All business suck and mostly bed wetting dem o not ran anyway. LOL

They both have worked well for me. I just would not link you everyday checking with them. Like we use Navy Federal and I opened a separate account at another sperate bank to use with them too. You want no ties...

I don't think there is alot of choices out there and Zelle is a big NO NO. I have listened to Clark Howard for a long time and meet him a few times. He changed my life a long time ago. He does not BS people. If Zelle is a no on his list it's a no on mine.

:)
Dorsey is the founder of Twitter. He owns Cashapp.

Zelle is not for commercial transactions. Think of it as a wire transfer without account verification. It's got nothing to do with merchant transactions or similar, unless you f2f trust in the person on the other end.

If you got rid of PP but you're still using Venmo no idea what to tell you. Do you, no skin off mine.

• Haha
Started deletion timer today. Let's see if they let me.

Gunna make trading on here a PITA, but whatever.
Mine took 12 hours or so for them to “delete” my data. Not sure I actually believe they delete anything but I did it anyway. My account was closed within minutes of the request.

It definitely is making things harder on the classifieds. I needed to do this for me. I can no longer willingly support companies that hate me. TOO MUCH WOKE!

I’ve changed my phone provider, paypal is gone, I even gave up Doritos.
I’m currently looking for a decent alternative to my chase visa. At the moment, I don’t know what that is.

I’m trying to use my banks check writing service as an alternative to paypal. Not a personal check, but a bank check thats not a certified check. This service is free for me and the recipient. The bank mails it out and even pays the postage.

According to Paypal, Paypal did not reinstate the $2500 fine for spreading misinformation.

CBS sources are:

Except they absolutely did.

The core "Acceptable use Policy: https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US
Says any action in the "Restricted Activities Page": https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#s4-restricted-activities

Which includes

"In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not:"
"
  • Act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, threatening or harassing;
  • Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
"
--- Note : "In conection with OR (emphasis mine) ... or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties"

Can result in the seizure of $2500 from your account.

IANAL, but I do pay for my expensive compressed air toys with time spent writing boolean logic. That CBS article, and the paypal crisis PR are lies. Their own docs, while not plain as day, are clear enough.

Except they absolutely did.

The core "Acceptable use Policy: https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US
Says any action in the "Restricted Activities Page": https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#s4-restricted-activities

Which includes

"In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not:"
"
  • Act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, threatening or harassing;
  • Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
"
--- Note : "In conection with OR (emphasis mine) ... or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties"

Can result in the seizure of $2500 from your account.

IANAL, but I do pay for my expensive compressed air toys with time spent writing boolean logic. That CBS article, and the paypal crisis PR are lies. Their own docs, while not plain as day, are clear enough.
Edit: "PayPal did not reinstate a $2,500 fine for spreading misinformation. The user agreement has had policies that prohibit providing “misleading information” in connection with the platform as well as language outlining its right to assess $2,500 in damages for violations since 2015" (Fox News,10.27.2022)

Fox news: https://www.fox43.com/article/news/...heck/536-046ac35d-c1a4-409e-bba7-aedab15ef04d

Regardless, This does not seem to be a 1st amendment issue, because the context of "misinoformation" as a deterrent to deceit and potential fraud in the course of conducting business, not restrict free speech. Or am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTinBoat
Edit: "PayPal did not reinstate a $2,500 fine for spreading misinformation. The user agreement has had policies that prohibit providing “misleading information” in connection with the platform as well as language outlining its right to assess $2,500 in damages for violations since 2015" (Fox News,10.27.2022)

Fox news: https://www.fox43.com/article/news/...heck/536-046ac35d-c1a4-409e-bba7-aedab15ef04d

Regardless, This does not seem to be a 1st amendment issue, because the context of "misinoformation" as a deterrent to deceit and potential fraud in the course of conducting business, not restrict free speech. Or am I missing something here?
Yes. You’re missing the part where PayPal is the sole arbiter of what constitutes defamation, or fraud, or misleading info, or any other activity they deem misuse of their platform. With little recourse should they decide to take your money based on such vague terms.

Yes. You’re missing the part where PayPal is the sole arbiter of what constitutes defamation, or fraud, or misleading info, or any other activity they deem misuse of their platform. With little recourse should they decide to take your money based on such vague terms.
With all due respect, I dont think I missed that part. Folks seem to miss the part that the $2,500 penalty is assessed after the Buyer has intitiated the investigation and has provided compelling evidence that the Seller engaged in illegal or deceitful activity with the Buyer on the Paypal platform. Paypal is only the sole arbitor of assesing damages to recoup their investigated costs. Sounds reasonable to me.

From the user agreement.
If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages.