• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

night vision with my scope

1582480560_6852717955e52bcb08688e8.41260768_20200119_201020.jpg

I also have a Satcomm Nightvision scope attachment I have yet to try because the above set up lets me see VERY CLEARLY out to 50 yards easilg. Can't record with either. The Satcomm attaches a camera and IR source to your scope, which adds weight. Also requires some set up, and the above set up is so easy..

glenroiland whats the name of that bracket you

It came with the light.

https://www.amazon.com/VASTFIRE-Zoomable-Flashlight-Predator-Picatinny/dp/B07DPNPR4D/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?adgrpid=94518852944&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2b3c2Mbo5wIVDoTICh1KmgcrEAAYASAAEgLXVPD_BwE&hvadid=410017882494&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9004510&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=5787022748060398903&hvtargid=kwd-317154608836&hydadcr=8367_11335810&keywords=vastfire&qid=1582491093&sr=8-3

Works great and I can see perfectly at night. Excuse the crappy pic. It's my samsung phone and tried to capture it with no help. That area is probably 25 yards out. I can try to take a pic tonight at 35 yards for you to see if I remember, lol. 

1582492367_20323507445e52eacf695ba0.64955113_20191026_190858.jpg

does that cast a green beam ? can you see it if your standing in front of it ? i was just wondering because in the video he said that the cats come out a chase the light

No beam at all, but does cast a green light where it hits. But, no visible beam "in the air". I have pested many creatures with it, and although the rats seem to "notice" it, they don't scatter when I shine it on them. Neither do the possums, racoons, rabbits, etc....

Ok. So, i haven't had cats come out to chase the light, but i know they often chase laser lights so it makes sense, especially if its zoomed in. I can tell you with my night time pesting, etc that it works nicely. We do have alot of cats around here, just havent noticed them at all coming to my light.

And any animal I have been hunting/pesting has not been bothered by the green light. I have taken note that some rats seem to notice it and "freeze", but thats just given me the extra second to pull the trigger. None have seemed afraid of the light, and none seem to be attracted by the light.

What are you going to use it for?

I have basically the one you list on amazon, just havent wanted to spend the time hooking it up, just to take it off the next day, plus it weighs more than the flashlight. One of these days I'll try it, but the flashlight with that bracket to my scope hooks up so quickly and is so light that i haven't even tried it yet, lol!

Yes, they do take a couple minutes to set up but are great if you don't want to spook things with a flashlight at night. If you can scrounge up a cheap scope and some QR mounts you can leave it hooked up and just change scopes it when you don't need it.

Not a bad idea! I'll have to get myself to try it one of these days. My wife bought it for me in November, and its still sitting in my closet. Guess thats the next thing I'll try.

And now I have an extra scope when I get around to sending my Vortex in for repair. I thought of selling it, but I could use it for this. Thanks for the idea!!