• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Newb ?s for leshiy

I can only answer number 2. The REPR regulator is now standard on all new purchases. You won't have to hold out and wait for one. Unless you are buying used, that is. Then you can purchase separately.

I've been considering a Hill Mk5 the last couple weeks. I figure filling the prod with an old benjamin hand pump to 3K ain't too bad (approx. 75 strokes), a 4.5k for the L2 can't be much worse. I need something for traveling, but I don't want to carry anything too bulky like a traveler compressor or a bottle I'd have to find a place to fill.

The gun doesn't seem too overly loud to me when shooting on an indoor range comparable to the other guns there. That's with a 250mm barrel and standard suppressor on it. Of course, I understand that the noise levels are subjective to the user.

Hope this helps somewhat.

I filled my streamline for a couple years with a hill mk4. 
For me personally the repr reg is what finally sold me on the L2. 
I cannot answer on the mod40 Vs mod50… my gun has the mod 40 and is 22 cal. The action is louder then the gun going off, I think the 50 will be quieter as power goes up. With the mod 40 the gun seems kinda loud shooting it, but when you let someone else shoot it you realize it’s much quieter. I think it’s mainly the action(mechanical) sound. 

i assume the mod50 is quieter than the mod40, due to being more air volume. i could be wrong but i see no other reason to make it larger.

both fit if you get the right threads for your barrel. note that the larger mod50 means fewer choices for hand guards, but that could change.

i wanted a shorter hand guard vs none, because i wanted to be able make it short by removing the mod50, so i cut the cf one i had.

this way it is under 16" folded (without the can).

here i am running just 4 of the 5 sections.

tripodcartoonCapture.1633298304.JPG

Can’t speak to the pump thing, but IMO, the standard Leshiy suppressor is all you need. Mine is just as quiet, and more accurate with the factory suppressor than with the 50mm HUMA that came with my KAT-50 Leshiy 2 REPR. Doesn’t look as Tacticool, but oh well. When Donny FL comes up with a L2 adapter, I’ll rob the Ronin I already have from another gun and try it out. As far as I know, non REPR L2’s are no longer available, and I wouldn’t buy one if they were - the new REPR reg is the SH%T. 

Coolest, most fun air rifle I’ve even owned.

Brian

Yeah,no go for chineseum then,as im right on the coast

Bollocks,....I live on the coast and in very humid conditions

the 8 HILLs I had immediately developed pitting, severe pitting, and needed to be re-build every 6-8 months at 38 bucks for re-build kit.

My Chinese pump is been going strong for 3 years, no pitting and I only had to change the check valve O-ring twice

Not a spec of rust in any of my rifles.

Ya'll can still waste your money on HILL pumps but after 15 years of Hanpumping I tell you right now the 50 bucks Chinese offerings is the way to go