• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Xtreme Poop Target!

Here is the new Xtreme poop target already for the January 28th Xtreme match at Phoenix Rod and Gun Club.
Not sure which lane it will be on but it will be a challenge.
5B4C95C2-641D-4E35-BD1D-65873FC90E3A.jpeg

I wasn't aware that deflection is an issue with lead pellets. I kind of wish it was, then maybe some of my splits would have enough pop to knock the target down. Or enough poop.
It's rare but I've had a few ricochet; although not far. I had a box setup around my spinners and the inside was catching/caught shrapnel shards as the pellets splattered

It's rare but I've had a few ricochet; although not far. I had a box setup around my spinners and the inside was catching/caught shrapnel shards as the pellets splattered
Oh, you're talking about splatter. Yeah, I don't give a crap about splatter (see what I did there?). I thought you were talking about actual ricochets, where pellets could come zinging back at the shooter. That doesn't happen when a lead pellet hits a steel target at a right angle. The pellet uses all of it's energy making itself flat and dribbles off a couple of feet to sulk.
Steel BBs will ricochet like crazy (and put your eye out), and shooting at something (even water) at a shallow angle can ricochet, but usually away from the shooter.
Steel plates shot with powder burners are angled down because the splatter generated can be much more energetic, but at 20 fpe or less with lead pellets its the last thing I worry about when shooting field target.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Oh, you're talking about splatter. Yeah, I don't give a crap about splatter (see what I did there?). I thought you were talking about actual ricochets, where pellets could come zinging back at the shooter. That doesn't happen when a lead pellet hits a steel target at a right angle. The pellet uses all of it's energy making itself flat and dribbles off a couple of feet to sulk.
Steel BBs will ricochet like crazy (and put your eye out), and shooting at something (even water) at a shallow angle can ricochet, but usually away from the shooter.
Steel plates shot with powder burners are angled down because the splatter generated can be much more energetic, but at 20 fpe or less with lead pellets its the last thing I worry about when shooting field target.
Aw ok thank you; I'm from a background of powder burning lol so the right angles gave me a head scratch at first* thanks again for clarity/knowledge🎩👍👍

No prob. And if you ever see a kid shooting BBs at a steel target, run for the hills. That's why most spinner targets try to reduce right angles on the frames, to keep Ralphie from having to get new glasses.
Awwww now I understand some of the other setups I've seen better; I thank you kindly again for yet even more knowledge 🤯🎩🤙