• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Xisico Compressor - Initial Impressions

Mr. Wan has responded. I asked nicely for help sourcing the parts #73 and #74. Mr.Wan wrote that the parts are being sent to Flying Dragon Air Rifles and that I would need to contact them (FDAR) to obtain the parts.

It's like a tennis match. Back and forth. Call them... No, call them....no call them. The email response does show an improvement, but it's again "call the other guys..."

I would really like to fix the pump, rather than charge back against the credit card. I have no ill will for either XisicoUSA or FDAR. I just want the blasted parts!

Hey JimNM, sorry to hear about your continued issues with getting the parts you need and the surmounting frustration you're experiencing from Larry. Personally from my email exchanges with Larry, I thought his responses were shady. If you get no further info on getting your parts or how too. Then I would recommend contacting Travis over at GTA, and ask him what he can do. I know many here don't like the guy (I personally don't know him so I'm not gonna cast judgement) but It's because of him that this oil version of the compressor is being made available and the reason so many people have purchased this version compressor. 

Thanks buddy. flying dragon airgun is trying to help, but he is out of the loop. Travis is included on the email string...so I presume he is aware. I will play tennis a few more volleys before I charge back on the credit card. I don't want to, but I am not going to eat a 500.00 doorstop. It's an easy fix, it will take me less than 20 minutes to get operational. Just need the dagum parts.

Well, tried another contact at 0100 hrs and got a reply at 0400 hrs local time. Maybe, just maybe I can get a resolution without having to charge back against the CC company. I don't want to go that route, as the importer puts the onus on the reseller. Times are tough enough in retail without those kind of losses. I just want my dadgum pump to be functional.

Mid morning edit...

The Tech i talked to pulled a piston out of a new machine...and it looks just like mine... With a gap in part #74 and nothing in the slot where #73 is shown on the parts diagram. Hmmmm, time to put it back together again and make sure it is fitted with only 1.5 oz of oil. The tech suspects that I had overfilled the oil tank. Man, I can screw up a peanut butter sandwich! I may have created the issue myself. It will be a day or two before I can get the 3w's (work, weather and wife) to let me in the shop. Fingers crossed!

Good news! Wes at Airgunarcheryfun was able to show me a photo of a brand new piston that matched my parts exactly. Wes went to the effort to remove a piston from a new pump and sent me a photo. There is nothing wrong with my parts...me on the other hand, still have a few issues.

The mystery clunk clunk clunk sound was from having too much oil in the crank case. Evidenced by the oil in the water separator. After a careful measurement to no more than 1.5 oz of oil (44.36 ml) and pressure tests to 4000 psi, the little wonka wonka wonka compressor is happily filling my guns again.

Thanks to Larry Wan, Mike at Flying Dragon and to Wes for the nurturing support and their patience. I have sent each of them a personal note of appreciation and hereby give them public exposure for their excellent support after the sale.

Rock on Garth!

Party on Wayne!

I have adapted my approach to filling. The Xisico is for guns, the YH is for tanks (or extended high volume bech sessions.)

Keep it cool.

Never start with pressure in the line.

If you suffer from high humidity, it helps to purge every 5-10 minutes.

Allow it to run w/o load for a minute or two after releasing pressure. Leave fans on for several minutes after shut down.

Mine has stopped reaching full pressure and now shakes when operated. It will pump to just under 200 bar (2800 psi) and then the pressure starts to fall - settling at around 2000 psi. Over the last 1 1/2 years this has been a fairly reliable pump with only minor issues - used to only fill my guns. I have reached out to Xisico USA via their 'contact page' and the listed email several times with no reply. I am wanting to repair this unit and would like to locate the necessary parts prior to tearing the thing apart. The issue could be something as simple as a failed O-ring or reed valve. Oh well, guess I'll be ordering another kind of HPA pump soon. Anyone got some good long-term testing? I like the portability and the ability to operate the pump in the field off of my vehicle battery.

Have you checked out the Xisico video on maintaining it? There is mention is some sort of ball valve on the bottom that can get gunked up and need a cleaning. That could be it???

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have followed all the videos in my attempt to effect repairs. Today I will double check all connections and if that does not work, wait for Xisico to make contact. Maybe I'll write them another little note - being the squeaky wheel looking for attention. 

Did you find that your ball valve was gunky? I have cleaned mine twice, and after more than a year still pumps like a champ.

Not gunky. Just a bit of discolored moisture. I have been happy with this little pump even though it is slow because I can carry it with me and shoot just about anywhere. Travis at Xisico sent me an email stating they do repairs. Now I need to get things packed up and find the most reasonable means of getting the box to Texas. Hopefully the repairs will give me another year+ worth of service and not cost an arm & leg. I'm sure the shipping will do that.