• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Wildcat for me!!!

They are sending me the valve it should be here Monday. It sucks but it happens and they were very apologetic for the mistake. I own a small business and this stuff happens I know I have had to send stuff out that was not in an order in the past. This gives me time to get a set of new scope rings and get the scope mounted.

I feel stupid now trying to thread the Regulator into the bottle this is my first PCP setup and I was just trying to put the pieces together they sent. When I sat back and looked at it I thought how will they fill this thing then I remembered the video I saw on the tank setup and it dawned on me that I needed the valve. I was excited about getting the stuff and getting it ready to go fill the tank.

Mike

"scubajeeper"
I just decided I wanted an accurate gun and I kept looking at all the options and this just made the most sense it either costs you up front or later. I already know I like to shoot I had a range at a house we lived at about 14 years ago and my neighbors got annoyed with the noise and I can't blame them so I decided to setup an airgun range I did not think going into this I would spend this much but I did. I took the gun and got one of my scopes fitted to it today it is an old Weaver 4-16 target scope I used on a gun I sold a few years ago it does not have a mil dot reticule but it is a pretty decent scope with a very fine cross hair. I also took the gun to the paint ball store and filled the gun to 230 Bar so I will at least get to shoot it this weekend until I run out of air. I may run back and get it filled again until my tank valve comes in Monday.

I considered buying a Marauder and upgrading it but I felt that was a money pit because I would not get the money out of it after all the upgrades I think I would get most of my money back for this one if I sell it later but I plan to keep it.

Mike

This is kind of a test (from dropbox to photobucket), but never the less related to the string. This flame birch was ment for making knife handles, but now I will use (at least) one of them for my .22 Wildcat. This project may stop right here, but at least I get tested the picture import. If possible, you will see the WC-profile marked on the wood.
2015-06-22%2009.49.53_zpsivydjyik.jpg

That looks like some nice wood the last stock I made I used a laminated wood blank I bought from Bull Berry Barrel Company. It was a coffee color I really liked how it turned out. The stock was for a custom bolt action pistol I built with a center grip stock. I found it really was not that hard to do.

I started with the block of wood and rough marked it out and cut it with a band saw to the rough cut marks. I then inletted the stock to fit the action and bedded it with bedding compound from Brownells.

Shaping the stock was done by sanding with various sanders I own mostly bench mounted sanders. I finished it by hand sanding and then a clear oil was applied. I used various guns for modeling things I liked the handle from one fore arm from another etc.

It is nice to custom fit it to your own hand. When I started I had never even seen anyone do this and was wondering if it would ever look like what I had in mind but found the process fairly simple. The one mistake I made was handling the raw wood with bare hands during the fitting process the oil from my hands and sweat made certain parts of the wood stain darker.

I have been wanting to do this again and I think I will for my Wildcat. When I did this project about 14 years ago I had all manual tools now I have several CNC machines and can draw the Cad drawings so the next one should be really easy to inlet and rough shape. I will still finish it by hand. Mike.

2015-06-27%2012.29.07_zps3mnkl4e4.jpg
2015-06-23%2017.13.41_zps02ld1ndl.jpg

Thanks for your moral support gundog! I am at this step now (pic.). Drilled the different depts and will now start the carving. Hopefully no cracks inside the wood. I will picture the process, and come back with the result - if it has any interest to others. I am only using handtools, so I think everybody can do this with a (rather great) portion of patient.

It looks like you have a good start. I find it easier to hold the stock when it is in a block like you have it now and do your rough inletting. Brownells sells a tool for shaping the barrel channel it has 2 handles like a draw knife but rather than having a straight blade it has a series of washer looking cutting discs I have one of those a gunsmith friend of mine gave me when I did mine. You might want to look into getting one. I had the advantage of watching my friend bed a bunch of custom gun stocks when hanging out at his shop.

My gun was a one off because when it came from the factory it was a Savage Striker 22 LR rear grip bolt action pistol. I have several Remington XP-100 center grip pistols so I knew what I needed but the gun I made did not exist anywhere. I had a custom trigger built for it by a gun Named Ken Light at the time Ken was making very nice triggers for the XP-100 and he also made a nice trigger for the rear grip Savage Striker so he built me one that I was able to change to accommodate the linkage needed for the center grip. It came out great. My gunsmith buddy fitted a custom match chambered barrel to the action and the gun is a dream to shoot. My first silhouette match I shot with it I shot a perfect score 40 out of 40 and 6 out of 10 of the shoot off chickens a 3" target at 100 yards. It is fun to build things like this they become family heirlooms after we are gone.

Mike

"Gundog"
"arod2000"Awesome man. I have only a hand pump for my .25 WC now and I had only a hand pump for my previous PCP....but now I'm wanting a tank because I'm filling the gun and shooting the gun much more often. to take it from 150 BAR to 230 BAR takes about 150-200 pumps. I'm fit but that's getting old! 

Curious who had the WC's in stock??

Straight Shooters in MN. and I think they have a few more. They did not have any extra Mags so I am looking for one of those if anyone knows who has any in stock let me know.

Mike
I think this is the magazine you are looking for....and it looks like they have them in stock.

http://www.precisionairgunsandsupplies.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=fxmagazine