• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Vortex Diamondback to Watch

Could not resist the 10% intro pricing. Ordered both Mil/Mil versions 4-16 and 6-24. Great price point!

I'll look forward to hearing how these are. I would have bought the 6-24x50, but these don't accept sunshades. This is a fail in my book. Bushnell did the same thing with their Engage line. Both companies finally come out with scopes that focus down to 10 yards, and look like they may be suitable for FT, and yet they don't thread the objectives for sunshades. HELLOOOO!?!?!?!

Could not resist the 10% intro pricing. Ordered both Mil/Mil versions 4-16 and 6-24. Great price point!

I'll look forward to hearing how these are. I would have bought the 6-24x50, but these don't accept sunshades. This is a fail in my book. Bushnell did the same thing with their Engage line. Both companies finally come out with scopes that focus down to 10 yards, and look like they may be suitable for FT, and yet they don't thread the objectives for sunshades. HELLOOOO!?!?!?!

@greenyamo. I’m not sure I was clear but I have been referencing the newly released “tactical” version of Diamondback . According to Vortex website - they actually ship with an included sunshade. http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-diamondback-tactical-6-24x50%20FFP-riflescope_with_ebr-2c_moa-reticle

we shall see when it arrives.

@greenyamo. I’m not sure I was clear but I have been referencing the newly released “tactical” version of Diamondback . According to Vortex website - they actually ship with an included sunshade. http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-diamondback-tactical-6-24x50%20FFP-riflescope_with_ebr-2c_moa-reticle

we shall see when it arrives.

According to the Q&A, these won't accept a sunshade, which is a real bummer. I hope it's wrong and that you get a sunshade. I'm still trying to get one of these scopes. I was denied via chat, but also sent an email. Hoping....

Ok,I just mounted the 6-24 MRAD on my Wolverine 303. This is to compare with the SWFA 3-15 that I will leave on my Edgun R5 .30. I use these guns for ground squirrel hunting with most shots 80 to 120 yards. Just did a bunch of back to back looking through them at home. I won't be going hunting for a couple of weeks. I'm about to venture into turret twisting and Strelok but so far I just use holdover. I found trying to see the reticle well with FFP and the SWFA I like to use it from 8-15 power. I'm thinking the Vortex sweet spot for me will be from 15-24 power. The Vortex ret seems kinda thin to me and with the numbers on the ret that I plan on using I need it up in power to see them well enough. The glass on the Vortex seems pretty clear and bright. It does focus to 10 yards and seems to focus well all the way out but I see better colors when I look through the SWFA. You start losing the bottom of the last ret line on the Vortex at 15 power. The turrets on the Vortex are 60 clicks per turn and the vert is a good 3 plus turns. The SWFA has over 8 turns at 50 clicks per and is easy to follow with numbered hash marks to see as you turn the turret. I'm thinking I'll prefer the SWFA turrets. I think the Vortex will be a keeper especially at the price point. I did have to peel off the made in China sticker to make it look better but that seems to be the case with most lower priced scopes. I can't wait to play in the field.

Cheers,Scott